Vote for who you would most like to be a mod.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by imaplanck., Oct 23, 2006.

?

Ditto.

Poll closed Oct 30, 2006.
  1. Imaplanck

6.7%
  2. Spuriousmonkey

30.0%
  3. Absane

13.3%
  4. Domesticated Om

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Communist Hamster

6.7%
  6. Geodesic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. ToR

13.3%
  8. Invert Nexus

13.3%
  9. Redarmy11

3.3%
  10. The devil inside

13.3%
  1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

As seen on the test, it is completely unfair and impractical to allow reputations and length of membership to affect objective judgement. It is the essence of corruption. It makes total and no sense logically. It is completely unsound and impractical. It has nothing to do with equal treatment of all.

Making reputation, popularity, length of membership etc relevant is completely illogical, unreasonable, unfair, impractical, idiotic, abusive, corrupt, unreasonable, asshole, bias behavior that only a total scumbag would do. You do not seem to have a clear and reasonable mind. ALL MEMBERS ARE EQUAL UNDER THE RULES NO MATTER WHAT.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Coolskill, do you want to be a mod?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Spuriousmonkey 9 36.00%

Jesus, has the monkey been paying people off again?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Let's say two people make the exact same racist comment. Let's say they are D'ster and samcdkey.

If we banned samcdkey for 3 days, do you think she is more likely to have learned her lesson (that is, to not say things like that) than D'ster who has also been banned for 3 days?

Really, when is samdcdkey racist? If she said something just one time.. would you be up for a warning or a ban? How long?

Now D'ster.. he hasn't been around lately but he is the racist of SF. Does he just get a warning? A ban? How long?

Now, you could make the rule that the first racist comment is always gets a warning. However, there are so many ways racism can present itself that it's hard to have established rules that account for everything. Maybe new member A says "all blacks are lazy." Ok, that deserves a warning (in my opinion). New member B posts lynching pictures and makes a joke about it. That is a ban (in my opinion). Those are extreme cases.. but there is a middle ground somewhere where a set consequence (as established by the rules) means different things to different people. At this middle ground, some learn and some do not following the consquence.

I say, equal consequence for equal people. Not everyone is equal. That's life. It sucks, but it's true.

Those that want everyone to be equal are very likely to be those at the bottom of society.. those that do not want to be treated as equals are likely to be those at the top of society. Those in the middle are likely to be content with everything. And as long as this imbalance exists, there will never be equality. Plus, we all inequal just by virtue of intellect.

Maybe every mod should consult cool skill before making a decision...

8. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

He has, as J.B.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

He did say we could hold hands

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Are you serious? Wow.

But I do not really read J.B.'s material.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It's all D'ster. Through and through.

12. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

i got to touch his thingy, but then he wanted to play train and i ran away

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Everybody is equal you idiot nazi. Nobody has more rights than anybody. Nobody deserves more rights than anybody.
    For total stupidity, Absane gets:
    F

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Destroy envy and selfishness and everyone will be equal. Seeing as how you cannot, just do the best you can and then some. For example, it's a fact that women like power and confidence, not men that get handouts just to be equal

Everyone has the same rights, but not everyone can take as much advantage of them as some other people.

And Cool Skill.. for someone that preaches about "irrelevance" and "ad hominem" attacks, you sure do like to throw them around.

B for effort, D for content.

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Envy and selfishness has nothing to do with equality under rules. Rules apply to all people equally. Making reputation, popularity, length of membership etc relevant is completely illogical, unreasonable, unfair, impractical, idiotic, abusive, corrupt, unreasonable, asshole, bias behavior that only a total scumbag would do.

16. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Why not dispute my logic and premises instead of making a counter-claim and then claiming I am illogical? Sheesh.. this reminds me of a presidential compaign.

The only job of a moderator is to help run the forums in accordance with the administration's wishes. But treating everyone the exact same is to give just as much attention to those who contribute nothing as we should give attention to those that actually mean something to us.

17. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I got the reaction I wanted though didn't I. And hey? Don't be a hater, dude.

No, not you, lixluke. You just shut up.

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Because you are illogical, and there is no counter.

The moderator's job is not to help run the forums in any other way than according to the rules without bias. Also to assist people that need assistance. All of that crap you are talking about is beyond a moderator's duties and proper use of power.

Only a bias moron with no logic or objectivity considers those that mean something and those that contribute nothing.
    THERE ARE ONLY MEMBERS AND ALL ARE EQUAL. NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE WHO MEANS SOMETHING AND WHO CONTRIBUTES NOTHING. THE ONLY QUESTION IS WHETER A RULE WAS VIOLATED OR NOT. EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE VIOLATOR IS IRRELEVANT.

19. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Ah, you're just pissed because you'd be out on your ear if Absane was a mod. Why else would you keep on about there being no difference between 'those who mean something and those who contribute something'?

20. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Cool skill wins. Round of drinks for all?

21. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Cool skill has never won anything in his life. That's why he collects welfare.

Zing!

22. imaplanck. Banned Banned

If the current mods adhered to the rules 100% lix you would be(like most of us) perpetually banned or atleast highly censored. You seem to have a fixation with ridged rules, yet hypocritically break them at every opportunity.

23. John99 Banned Banned

You can never be a mod, mod's cannot ban themselves