Name Your Solution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buffalo Roam, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

As usual when they can't give a reasoned answer, they change the subject.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Devil Inside:

Dyslexia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Dyslexia is not limited to reversing the order of letters in reading or writing. ... Dyslexia is a learning disorder. Its underlying cause is believed to be ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia

Dyslexia International definitions.
    Dyslexia is widely accepted to be a specific learning disability. That is, dyslexia has biological traits that differentiate it from other learning disabilities. However, the specific definition of dyslexia varies somewhat across communities.

The World Health Organization (WHO)

"A disorder manifested by difficulty learning to read, despite conventional instruction, adequate intelligence and sociocultural opportunity. It is dependent upon fundamental cognitive disabilities which are frequently of constitutional origin". ICD-10, The International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, tenth revision ICIDH-2, The International Classification of Impairments, Activities, and Participation

US National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) / International Dyslexia Association

Defines Dyslexia as a specific learning disability of neurological origin. Characterized with difficulties with accurate and/or fluent word recognition, spelling and decoding abilities.

Canadian Government

The Government of Canada’s Health Portal links its description to the BC HealthGuide web site using their definition. Dyslexia is defined here having a difficulty with the alphabet, reading, writing, and spelling in spite of normal to above average intelligence, conventional teaching, and adequate sociocultural opportunity. Dyslexia is thought to be both genetic and hereditary. Dyslexia is not caused by poor vision. Dyslexia is identified following psychological and educational tests that determine language and other academic abilities, IQ and problem-solving skills, and is only identified if the reading disability is not a result of another condition.

The British Dyslexia Association

Dyslexia is a difference in the brain area that deals with language. It affects the underlying skills that are needed for learning to read, write and spell. Brain imaging techniques show that dyslexic people process information differently. In a report on the House of Lords Dyslexia debate which took place on Wednesday 7 December 2005 is now available the Government confirms dyslexia is not a myth.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hey Buffalo,

how are you my friend, i hope you have not been having too many troubles over the last few days...

Anyway did we get to a resolution on the Golan heghts situation when we left off last week... As i would not want you to think that i had left it unresolved

Peace
    Zak

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sderenzi Banned Banned

I would just take over the world and make everyone slaves to my unique group of rulers we can call "The Unity".

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Zakariya PBWU, I'm not sure ? I know that there are negations going on and for some reason the Cheba / Sheba farms have something to do with what is going on, Syria claims and then doesn't claim sovereignty over the area, and this is a confusing problem that is standing in the way of a solution, ? maybe? but this is something the Syrians seem to be using to avoid making a settlement.

9. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

The Shebaa farms: were under Syrian control up until 1967 (due to France's, Syria's and Lebanon's failure to determine the border), when Israel captured them and the Golan Heights from Syria. Lebanon wasn't involved in that war. When Israel withdrew from Lebanon, the UN certified full withdrawal although Israel didn't withdraw from Shebaa, so it seems the UN also considered them part of Syria.

However, Hezbollah used the occupation of the 35 km^2 Shebaa as part of the reason for its existence as a resistance against Israel. I don't know what the latest decision is, but didn't the UN ceasefire include return of Shebaa to remove this excuse?

Otherwise, Hezbollah would have to attack from Syria instead of Lebanon to retain legitimacy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebaa_Farms

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i dont buy your dyslexia cop-out, as it has never been mentioned before.

regardless, im not interested in your spelling, as you are on my ignore list as of today.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No I have mentioned it before, and thank you for ignoring me it tells me that you have been defeated, and had your ass whipped by some one you consider your inferior.

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

Buffalo Roam
    This message is hidden because Buffalo Roam is on your ignore list.

it is strange how i am still annoyed by the "right wingie foxdogma" that emanates from this post.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And you still had your ass whipped by a person you consider your inferior.

14. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

This is distortion of my position as well as name calling. I am not in an "ivroy tower, nor a "terroist".* Please recall that I advocated minefield border, CIWS, and proximity-fuse artillery shells to shoot down the incoming Gaza rockets (less than 1 in 1000 not being destroyed near top of its trajectory as those unguided rockets are very easy target, compared to super-sonic sea skimmer the CIWS has high probably of stopping.) to REDUCE THE NUMBER OF ISRAELIS KILLED.

I am only honest enough to admit that no purely defensive system is 100% effective so I suggest that Israel be willing to accept some (less than current Israeli deaths, and much less than it currently kills innocent non-Israelis.) without reverting to the current policy of killing at least 20 in return for each Israeli killed - that is the “collective punishment” the Nazis used as most of the 20 are just ordinary people trying to live under very poor conditions - Mostly do to Israel‘s destruction of their infrastructure including power plants, bridges, sewerage plants, police stations, etc. - I admit that many of them now hate Israel so much so that some of their sons (and increasingly daughters) are willing to die to strike back. I would hate Israel too, if this had done this to my infrastructure. If my life was really not worth living, I too might be willing to die to try to “get even.”
    I thank you for answering the first of my three questions.
    I do not think your answer is a good for Israel, at least it has not proven to be so far. It is true that Israel has not be allow to exterminate those who are its enemies, but the analogy with WWII is not very valid as then the enemy was a government that made war with uniformed soldier, paid for war by taxing it citizens etc. (Thus when their economy was destroyed , so was their war making ability.)

Israel does not face that type of enemy. The people who die to kill Israelis, and would like to kill more if they could, by and large are people who at least from their POV have been injured by Israel. Perhaps initially only the minor injustice of having Israel steal their home, and pass a law making it illegal for them to try to get it back or compensation.

Some who suffered this injustice did resort to violence and got killed or at least placed in jail. - Israel is well armed and could easily defend itself (kill them in many cases). They quickly learned that they had to be sneaky and willing to die to strike back. (Their religious leaders and poor living condition also made dying to strike back attractive.) As the years passed, more of the Islamic world supplied others willing to die to strike at Israel, even though many of them had no personal reason - I.e. the home of their father's was not stolen, and none of their immediate family were killed by Israel. Some of these others, especially those taught in religious schools in Saudi Arabi, understood that Israel was only able to do what it was doing with the help of USA - 9/11 was the direct result of this. I think you even agree (almost every one does) that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, but Israel sure did (in the sense that you and other here blame Hesbolla for the destruction of Lebanon that the bombs Israel dropped actually caused.)

Some governments, especially Iran, found it useful to support the effort against Israel, for their own reasons. The recent excesses in Lebanon have of course made many, if not all the Islamic "man in the streets" want to hurt Israel, but some of their CURRENT leaders realize that Israel has the power to damage them more than they have power to damage Israel. The US idea (not actually followed) to spread democracy is not health for Israel is there now much more angry common people do get control of these governments. (The down fall of the Shaw of Iran is a case in point where a pro Israel& US government turned into one anti-Israel and US, and this will happen some day when the military dictator of Pakistan falls.)

It is difficult to know which (Nuclear exchange with Pakistan / Iran or biological warfare) will be the means by which the Armageddon comes. (We agree apparently that it is coming if the current "military solution" continues to be Israel's choice.)
    --------------------------------
    *Actually if that name (terrorist) must be applied to either of us - you are the terrorist. Not only do you defend the murder of many innocents, but also you want to continue the same failing policy that recruits more willing to die and will, we agree, I think finally result in millions dead (Armageddon) as Islam pays a very high price to destroy Israel in a generation or two from now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  15. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Sorry to be pulling up these 5 pages back post of yours but I have been to busy with other things for last three days and need to reply to your post that refer directly to me, at least. (I am working my way forward thru 5 pages now.)
    My reaction would be simple. Here it is:

The minefield had warning sign and was field was well fenced (Much cheaper per meter that the concrete wall, I might add.) to keep cows and children, too young to read, out.

If any child entered it was because some irresponsible Palestinian cut the fence and Israel did not notice the cut in time to repair and prevent the child's being killed. Even with this trajedy, there are far fewer Palestinian children being killed than back when Bufallo's solution was in place. - 250 Palestinians died in June 2006 alone (latest data available from Israel). The current death rate on both side is about 1% of what it was with Israel's new "pure defense" approach to the security problem, so it is doing much better than the "kill more of them plan."

16. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

A-men! - Have you been reading my posts about the "suburban infrastructure" US has built, (mainly with relatively cheap gas, but also by tax laws), being the reason it will fare worse than most in the post cheap oil era?

17. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I will add a personal note on dyslexia:

Mine is mild, and probably in large part due to my educational experience. - I was never in the same school until the 8th grade followed the seventh in the same school.

One year I did not go to school at all - It was a 14* mile round trip by horse back in West Virginia’s hills to a one room school house in which grades 1 thru 6 were given by one teacher. I should have been in 4th grade, but already knew more than the 6th graders were being taught; so after about 10 days my father agreed to let me stay at home and teach me some things himself. - My first business was selling corn I grew to moon shiners (The paper route came later after we were back in the city.)

I was exposed to every possible (and some impossible) methods of teaching one to read, compose etc.
    -------------------------
    *Only 10 miles if I did not detour to get the mail.

18. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Bufffalo you asked what I would do NOW, but then made no comments about my reply. My suggestion is hardly "Ivory tower" and makes use of technology from WWII, but much improved now that transistors exists etc. I have deleted it from 6 pages back and reposted it here:

Step 1: Apologize and pay compensation for the confiscation of Palestine home when Israel needed them to house the in flux of European Jews. I.e. admit that this injustice was done and not legal, despite the law later passed to retroactively make it OK to steal these homes and forbid the Palestinians from trying to reclaim them.

Step 2: Cease violation of the Lebanon cease-fire. Actions are allowed against immediate threats, but not against those that are distant in time and space. (Beca valley) You can justify the continued bombing of maternity wards by your logic as a future terrorist may be being born in one now!

Step 3: Install CIWS around all cities with in range of GAZA.

Step 4: Build an integrated radar screen, similar to the DEW line US installed across Canada about 35 years ago, so any incoming rocket will be tracked and if possible the launch point immediately subjected to counter battery fire as was done in WWII using multiple acoustic sensors instead of radar to locate launch site. ASAP increase the counter fire capacity with step 5, but immediately use the many mobile 155s US has supplied to:

Pound the hell out of the launch site for at least 5 minutes, but cease entirely shelling then and do not shell agan until another rocket is launched. I.e. stop sending several hundred rockets with no immediate provocation each day. (When Israel killed the family on the beach the Israeli spokes person stated that “100s of shells were routinely targeted into vacate lots" etc to prevent them from being used as Gaza rocket launch sites - heard that myself in the Isreali press conference the nezt day, so don’t deny. Six of that day's "100s" went into that same beach (or near it) and the hit locations of five were shown on the map displayed. -- surprizingly dumb move as it begs one to ask: "and where did #6 go?")

Step 5 Immediately develop automatic proximity shell artillery weapons that are integrated with the radar system* of step 4 to explode the Gaza rockets harmlessly near the top of their trajectory, where they are quite slow and easy to kill with old WWII APL system of 1944 even.
    Note someone here said this was impossible- Well physic laws must have changed to make that statement correct as APL developed that system in 1944 in about one year to shoot down the KamiKazi planes DIVIVING down on navy ship at much higher speed than the Gaza rockets and these planes were manuvering to avoid the tracer bullets used back then to help the gun aimers. All that done before there were transistors or Nanotechnology. (APL designed a tube oscillator that could survive the gun’s acceleration. It was turned on by that acceleration and the frequency was slightly changed as it passed near to metal, setting it off. - no direct hit required.) With the advances in solid state and technology that more than 60 years has provided, Israel could, if it liked, make the shell whistle the Israeli National anthem on the way up and say (both in Hebrew and Arabic) “welcome to martyrdom” just be fore impact, if it wanted to. - “impossible” my ass! - not done as Israel needs to let a few Israelis get killed to “buy justification” for killing as “final solution” to the Palestine problem.

Step 6 constuct the border barrier on 1967 line and extending into / inside Israel 80 m as diagrammed below:

--------------------------------------------1967 border with 2 m tall wire fence, warning signs

Mine field area (with acoustic sensors to automatically locate any explosions, detect tunneling, etc.)

-----------------------------50m set back 2m fence to prevent dogs jumping into mined area.
    Killer trained dogs area sub divided to keep at least two dogs every 100meters along it near cities.

-----------------------------80 from border 2m fence to keep kids (too young to read signs) out and dogs in the 30 m strip

Step 7 as mined and killer dog line is established, tear down the wall that is mainly claiming more of the mountain aquifer.

Note steps are all to be done ASAP, not in sequence.
    ----------------------------
    *A "fire-till-confirmed-kill" system, Doppler radar notes rocket's speed change. - High resolution system (to see rocket explode) is not required. Shots every 3 to 5 seconds, not more rapidly. I.e. easy job - APL could do it in 6 months.

19. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

BillyT, although your plan could be a vast improvement over what's happening now, I'm not sure it would be foolproof. For example, would it be more difficult to tunnel under a mined field than it was to dig under the wall (as was done to capture Gilad Shalit)?

20. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

On point four in post just made (“Pound the hell out of Gaza launch site ASAP, if not immediately is not possible.) I will make the analogy to training a dog not to wet the carpet:

If you want success, you do not beat the dog at random times every day. - That will just make him vicious and snap at you when he can.

Likewise Israel should stop pounding vacant lots, olive groves, etc. in Gaza with “hundreds*” of artillery on a random daily basis.

The Palestinian “dogs” will also learn not to launch rockets more quickly is there is a strong correlation between Israel’s pounding and the Gaza rocket launch.

As Israel is not concerned about killing approximately 800 completely innocent civilian in Lebanon, there should be no problem with also reducing an occupied apartment in Palestine to rubble (killing most inside) if a Gaza rocket is fired from its roof.

I would venture to say that even the innocent pack of Palestine “dogs” living in Palestine apartments would soon prevent the roof of their apartment being used as a launch platform. Certainly, in this case, Israel would be much more justified in its claims than when it bombs a hospital or sewerage treatment plant.
    -----------------------------------
    *Several hundred shells daily according to Israeli IDF spokes person discusing the day following shell No. 6 killed the family on the beach. The impact points of the other five fired by that battery onto or near the beach were shown on the map he was using, but Israel was “investigating“ top see what had happened)

21. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

It takes considerable time to tunnel and I would recommend that "acoustic spikes." Perhaps even the same posts that support the 2m fences on each side of the mine field be used to monitor for digging.

In Vietnam War, APL designed a ground-penetrating, acoustic-"radar" tire*, which could be pulled behind a jeep to look for Vietcong tunnels. -It worked, but was little used as there was too much under growth. Also in Vietnam, the tunnels could be any where in a large 2D area. There is no reason why at least once a week it could not be pulled thru a 1D strip in the mine field just to be sure that the Palestinians were not digging very softly (and of course very slowly).

I would also recommend that a pair of IR beams, about 4m apart, parallel to the 2-meter fence exist in the minefield area. (Beam pair is required with suitable time circuits to prevent flying bird false triggers.) This IR detection system alerts Israeli guards and in areas where the fence is far from any city, and dogs are only 2 /kilometer, gives mild shock to dogs. (Dogs must sleep too you know.) I am sure that the IDF could make it impossible for suicide bomber to get into Israel if it wanted to, but The terrible truth is that Israel does not want to stop all the killing of Israelis with technology. Some Israelis must die every few months so that Israel has justification for doing what Buffalo Roam wants to do. - Continue a state of war until they are annihilated in his "total victory."
    ---------------------------------------
    *Basically the same idea oil companies have used for 50 years (OR MORE) to observe deep structures that may have trapped oil by the discontinuity or reflection echo strength change. Compared to their reflection discontinuity, a tunnel is an enormous discontinuity and it is near the surface, so no explosives are needed. Thus the “radar source” and the system can operate continuously. (As I recall, a simple but heavy hammer along side of the tire was the sound source. It "fell" once each rotation. My memory is vague as I never saw it - only heard others tell about it. I think one version used a blunt "jack hammer" driven by compressed air to launch the sound wave pulse into the ground. I do not know what was the final choice.)