UFO Evidence so Real it's not Pseudo

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Starman, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

That's just another crank website, not _proof_.

Roswell was project Mogul. End of story.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

That's Great!!!!

You believe the only Atomic AFB in the country did not know the difference between a crashed disk and a balloon?

You believe the cover up story?

I suppose you believe that story about the dummy to.

It takes one to know one.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

I have long thought that Roswell was a government "put up" job to mis-lead the soviets.

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Interesting link Starman.

I have mixed feelings about the "crash" but the story of the dummies is a little peculiar, considering that particular project occured, I don't know, about 4 years later, in the early 50s, while Roswell is 1947? Was the Air Force getting ahead of itself just a little?

9. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Russia had its own Roswell, if we are to believe the rumors!

10. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Could you provide more information? Surely not tunguska?

11. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

No, my friend, not even Tunguska.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc451.htm

There are purportedly several.
    There was some footage on a recently released documentary (narrated by none other than Roger Moore of J. Bond fame) which was supposed to be actual footage of a crash. And apparently an autopsy. I believe it was called Secret UFO Files of the KGB. Some of it, especially the autopsy, seems staged. However there were some interesting military encounters, if I remember correctly.

I also saw another show a few months ago about something similar that occured near an army base. Maybe it's included in the link above? I haven't had time to go through it.

Hill 611 I am familiar with from years ago. Happened near Vladivostock, I believe. Fiery wreckage, and some rather strange metal was recovered from the site. I remember seeing a photo (electron microscope) and the analysis of it was quite unusual, at least to the scientists who examined it.

12. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

You know how it is when you lie, you are going to make mistakes.

When you take in account all the witnesses testimonies and the story they construct, it has continuity.

The cover up story from the Air Force was short of hysterical.

13. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

ok, first of all, its a homestead site. which means this "proof" comes from a source that does not know how to write simple html.

this is another case where I wish we could ban people for being stupid.

14. btimsah Registered Senior Member

So sure? I think it's because you want it to be the end of the story.

An Engineer Looks at the Project Mogul Hypothesis.

Scientist Challenges Air Force
    Regarding UFOs

Nov. 13, 1997

"Frankly I am sick and tired of the US Air Force lying to the public, the press, and members of Congress about UFOs," said nuclear physicist Stanton T. Friedman at a public lecture "Flying Saucers ARE Real" in Albuquerque. "I have had a serious interest in UFOs for 39 years, lectured in a dozen countries, and visited seventeen document archives," he continued. "For 50 years there has been massive misrepresentation about UFOs in general, and in recent years the Roswell Incident in particular. The Air Force has come up with four different answers for Roswell:

A flying saucer

A radar reflector and weather balloon

A Mogul balloon train over 500 feet long with 23 balloons, sonobuoys, etc.
    And most recently, a Mogul balloon train plus crash test dummies dropped at least six years AFTER the 1947 crashes Southeast of Corona and West of Magdalena."

Friedman, who spent fourteen years as an industrial nuclear physicist working on a wide variety of classified, highly advanced nuclear systems for major corporations, was the first civilian investigator of the Roswell Incident.

"I hereby challenge Colonel Richard Weaver, author of the outrageously misleading huge volume 'The Roswell Report: Fact Vs Fiction in the New Mexico Desert', and USAF Captain James McAndrew, author of the 1997 'The Roswell Report: Case Closed', toa formal debate.

"These two officers have made a mockery out of serious investigation. They have used all the tools of the propagandist with selective choice of data, false reasoning, false claims, positive and negative name calling. These reports should be listed under fiction in the library.

"The Mogul explanation doesn't fit. There are gross differences among the testimony of their witnesses, and they ignore the testimony they don't want to consider while claiming falsely that they have talked to all the original witnesses still alive who handled material totally different from the Mogul explanation.

"They left out vital aspects of quotes from the FBI. They falsely tried to claim the Roswell story came to light because of a story in a tabloid in 1978. That story didn't appear until 1980 after a colleague and I had talked to 60 people connected with the case. I was falsely portrayed as somebody who gets his UFO stories from tabloids.

"The fact is in 1978 I was the first to talk to a key witness, Major Jesse Marcel the intelligence officer for the only atomic bombing group in the world in 1947. I was referred to him by an old ham radio buddy of his who had seen the press stories in 1947. Jesse never sought publicity. I discussed many of these false charges in my book TOP SECRET MAJIC.

"One of the silliest official USAF stories is the crash test dummy nonsense. I spoke in person with Colonel Madson, whose picture is in the Case Closed volume and was heavily involved in the research program. He is adamant that the explanation doesn't fit. Remember that the dummies had to be the same height and weight as air force pilots. None were dropped anywhere near the two crash sites and none were dropped earlier than 6 years AFTER the 1947 events.

"They used a crazy explanation for the red-headed officer observed independently at the Roswell Base Hospital, and in the Plains of San Augustin. World class pilot, Joseph Kittinger, was a redhead and was at the Roswell base hospital after a ballooning accident. But it was twelve years later! If the explanation doesn't fit, one must acquit. As it happens, I was the first to hear the two independent stories about the nasty red haired officer and the black sergeant, an unusual combination for 1947. The Air Force says nothing about the black sergeant, or the two independent stories.

"There are many other examples of massive misrepresentation by the Air Force about UFOs. The USAF Office of Special Investigations even told its own units to ignore their own regulations if they received an FOIA request from me about UFOs. The USAF apparently even lied to the CIA recently, falsely claiming that half the UFO sightings after 1955 were the results of observations of super secret reconnaissance aircraft, the U-2 and later the SR-71. But there was no increase in the number of sightings after 1955. Why would anybody report a very high flying aircraft moving in a straight line and never making right angle turns, as stopping on a dime, instantly reversing direction, or silently landing and taking off in the middle of nowhere, like UFOs so often are observed to do???

"The Pentagon based Air Force Liaison officer has written numerous one page letters in response to constituent requests for information about Roswell to congressman. It took me five pages to correct all the false claims he made.

"Colonel Weaver wrote a researcher that the Operation Majestic 12 Documents, which are the subject of TOP SECRET/MAJIC are known by everybody to be BOGUS. In response to my Freedom of Information Act request for any memos, letters, documents, etc. supporting this ridiculous and baseless claim, I was told, "There are no records available." This is a clear case of research by proclamation.

"Doesn't the Air Force have a responsibility to those who pay the bills to be honest? Or are they above the law? I repeat my challenge:

"USAF officers McAndrew and Weaver, do you have the courage of your convictions? Name the date and place. Perhaps Larry King or Walter Cronkite or Ted Koppel would be willing to act as moderator."

- Stanton Friedman

15. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Speaking of stupid. I wish I could ban someone for not knowing how and when to capitalize.

16. Gustav Banned Banned

speaking of more stupidity...i wish i could ban someone for not knowing how and when to choose the appropiate size for their fonts.

17. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Stanton Friedman

He's a wackado not an engineer
    There is a writer from the former soviet union (georgia IIRC) named paul stonehill who recently wrote a book about UFOs in Russia. He and I have exchanged posts on another board. Jim Oberg didn't think too much of paul's researching abilities and to be truthful, after hearing stonehill's interview on Art Bell's show, neither do I.
    If you don't know who Mr. Oberg is,,,
    http://www.jamesoberg.com/index.html

18. VitalOne Banned Banned

19. btimsah Registered Senior Member

20. btimsah Registered Senior Member

I never said he was an Engineer and he's not a "Wackado". Oberg is the fanatical skeptic. I notice how you ignored everything in his response and (Destruction) to the hypothesis (That's all it is) that the Roswell case had something to do with Project Mogul.

Typical of internet skeptics. Dismiss what you need too, believe what you need to and discard the rest.

21. Qorl Guest

22. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

When I first saw the reconstruction on SciFi a year or two ago, I was really intrigued. Probably more intrigued that the letters were somewhat visible than what they supposedly said.

I think the letter and its interpretation are open to debate, but there are some letters and words that seem pretty obvious.
    I'll just say that given the few letters and words that can be identified reliably, there aren't a whole lot of things the message can say. It has to be coherent and there has to be a degree of continuity from one word to the next. So that eliminates alot of the alternate word choices that would make the sentences nonsense.

But like I said, there is some debate over the content and interpretation.
    I don't know if it's actually CONCRETE PROOF at this point.

23. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

But what else could the Ramey Memo be about?

Is it a grocery list? A love letter? The schematics to the new improved Death Star?