24-Color Wheel (5 new names!)

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Jozen-Bo, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

All Color Lovers Welcome!!!
    -I need your help!!!
    -If you have no interest in color or the science of color...this forum is not for you!!!

Hello,
    I often refer to myself as Jozen-Bo. I have been doing some very intensive research on color coordination (many many many hours) and I have found that the wheel is incomplete when we expand it to 24 colors!

The 6-color wheel (Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, & Magenta) becomes a 12-color wheel by adding the colors in between (Red, Orange, Yellow, Chartreuse, Green, Torqoise (redefined into this 12-wheel system), Cyan, Azure, Blue, Violet, Magenta, And Rose). Red begins at 0 degrees (or 360) and every 30 degrees we get a new name!

For my own personal purposes I began looking for the names of every 15 degree rotation from red. These colors are close enough or a perfect fit (off by no more then 2 degrees) and are as follows: 1-Red 2-Vermillion 3-Orange 4-Amber 5-Yellow 6-Lime 7-Chartruese 8-Harlequin 9-Green 10-??????? 11-Torqoise (redefined values) 12-???????? 13-Cyan 14-????????? 15-Azure 16-????????? 17-Blue 18-Indigo (redefined) 19-Violet 20-Purple (redefined) 21-Magenta 22-???????? 23-Rose 24-Crimson (redefined).

Purple and Indigo of the redefined colors are ones that I have seen other people put into the words used to describe the rainbow....I'm just making it fit. Ever since I was a little bow I heard repeatedly that torqoise is in between blue and green...so I put it there. Crimson is the exception...its a lovely name but its place is questionable. Colors 10 (135 degrees), Colors 12 (165 degrees), 14 (195 degrees), 16-(210 degrees), and 22 (315 degrees) have no name other then something stupid like blue-violet (its a good thing my parents didn't name me Robin-Aldona).

I looked (surfed) many hours for these names and never found any. So I decided to give them names myself. Off course if there is anyone out there who can provide me these names (if they even exist), I would be happy to use the technical names provided...but without citing the source I won't consider doing this.

So these are the names I am giving them:
    Color 10 (135 degrees) name:Chuche..Chuchae//or Ayida...Ayidae...Ayidal
    Color 12 (165 degrees) name

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ya...Oyae....Ovae...Ova
    Color 14 (195 degrees) name:Julunggul Julunggule...Kalserue...Yingarne
    Color 16 (210 degrees) name:Iris.....Irise
    Color 22 (315 degrees) name:Chacchel...Chachel...Chachell...Chacchele

All five of these names are derived from various Goddesses of the Rainbow from different cultures...so it seemed best to put them into the Rainbow. I am going to tweak them a little...to help distinction. For example: Iris is the original name of the Greek Goddess of the Rainbow...Irise is a little tweaked so I know what I am referring to when I use it.

Since I haven't entirely made my mind up (Oyae or Ovae?)...maybe someone would like to help me choose the final versions. Then our 24-color wheel will be much more pleasant to work with!!!! (I am quite shocked that these gradient positions don't have their own names!!!). Big thank you to any who participate and tell me which versions sound the best. Suggestions for other names are welcome...as long as they are variants from above or as long as they have a great basis for being there (a relevant background of some sort).
    Just making up neat sounds with no backgrounds will be disregarded.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Also,

please note that this is a timed responce. I am not going to wait all year before I make the final desicion. At most I will give 1 to 2 weeks!!!

Thanks agian,
    Jozen

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

One last thing...I know that we can Spring Green fits by its coordinates perfectly into the position of Torqoise! However I find the name very annoying because it cannot stand alone....green, spring, cyan, ???.
    A good cname doesn't need help. Spring is too confusing without the green.
    We do not need to say something like Chartruese Green or Chartruese Yellow...this in fact distorts Chartruese altogether. That indicates that Chartruese is a very good name! It's the color Chartruese...makes sense. It's the color Spring...huh? If the name cannot stand alone and remain solid then it sucks!!!

Thanks,
    Jozen

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Hi Jozen,
    Colour is a fascination of mine also.
    I'm red/green colourblind so I have a very different perception of colour than most.
    Having said that, I think my appreciation of colour is strong and I notice more than some who don't see for looking.

Do you have a link for the colour wheel?

8. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Not at the moment, first I would like to finnish it by giving the blanks good names. As for the wheel...it already exists, the problem is that every 24-color wheel has terrible names like: red, red-orange, orange, orange-yellow, yellow, etc. As soon as I have settled on some good names, with the help of others, I will present these names to various sites and see what happens.

In the future when I have the time I will start my own site, its focus will be on 'my' invention, the Mind Portal. The sight will include many versions of the color wheel, because color is one of the primary ingredients for the Portal code (Form, Count, and Color). With these three variable one can encrypt pages of information into a tiny box (1 inch by 1.5 inches) and still read and extract from it- giving that they know the code.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Are you aware of standards like Pantone?

10. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Indeed.

Jozen-Bo, google Gretag Macbeth, or CIE Lab colour space.

11. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Thanks,
    I checked out these sites and found that they are worthless in regards to providing me with the names I seek!!! If Pantone has the names...they are not giving them out for free! In this case the names are invalid...I WILL NOT PAY for the name of a color!!! I've already seen every CIE Lab you can think of...again no name between Azure and Blue...how dissappointing. And I checked that other site...Mecsomething. If it has the info...its not free. This is bull-hunk.
    Just assume that I've already checked nearly every site possible...because I have!!! I leave space for the possibility that maye somehow those names are out there...but where??? Pantone's names like CYM 142394 are the ultimate turn off!!! Please don't bother me with site's, unless you have seen for yourself the names on the sites that I seek. If this information is provided within 6-10 days I will relent and except the names, If not, I will never ever use the names and instead use and promote the ones above that I propose!!!
    Time is limited...
    Give me the names or give me a vote....everything else is invalid.

At this moment I don't think there is anyone more upset on earth about the missing names. Yes...I would be very happy if this info comes to me quickly...but I will not wait and I have already checked for hours and hours seeking...I'm worn out. My plans require good names...I will not delay this.

A Genuine Thanks for trying though...

Best Regards,
    Jozen-Bo

12. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Spud,

How fascinating!!! I have many questions for you, but I don't want to bombarb you...so a little at a time!

Two questions for now!!!
    First...do you see anything of red or green at all...or is it a shade of gray?
    Second...when you dream do you see the colors then...since you do not need your eyes to see in a dream?

Also...
    I can help restore your eyes!!! I have 'invented' a device I call the Mind Portal- it works directly with the eyes...heals them with super-speed...In fact...it does more then that- it overheals them and you begin to see colors more vividly- which is psychotruamatic and beuatiful. That is a big part of my sudden interest in colors- they are communicating with me!!! My eyes are not like a normal human, not after working with the portal. Not only will you see the colors- you will end up seeing better and better...until your eyes can detect energy waves such as radio...and more.
    How does it work...I will cover this later- as it is very complicated at first. Lets just say it has a lot to do with how electromagnetic energy is released into a meaningful pattern...with out the meaning it is worthless. You will need 1-2 years for the results...and time. But you will get more then you bargianed for- and its totally free- just how something great should be!!!! When your eyes rapidly heal you will hit an exponential curve of revelation by senses- as this changes the the energy of matter from the very core. I will now start a forum devoted to the Mind Portal. If you are interested in the mind portal...we can carry on from there- (it is a beautiful development of our universe...so I will open this forum up in the ART section!!). I am offering it to anyone...All you have to do is ask- give me your e-mail address and BAM- I will mail the PDF pattern that is the Portal- along with hopefully enough information so that you can encrypt your own code!

Very Best of Regards,
    Jozen-Bo

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I am also colorblind. I hate it when people use made up names for colors, it gives me no clue what colors they are related to. Harlequin? Isn't that a kind of clown? What color is a clown? Also, there are an infinite number of colors, why pick one arbitrarily and give it a name?

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Red-green colorblind as well here. Allow me to answer the questions you asked Spud.

<> do you see anything of red or green at all...or is it a shade of gray?
    - We see red and green as colors, but they interchange. We often think a green object is red and vice versa.

<> when you dream do you see the colors then...since you do not need your eyes to see in a dream?
    - When I dream there is no reason to assume I ever mistake green for red and vice versa. And I could never know when I do, there's nobody to point it out to me

However, it is probable that when I dream of a particular green real-life object, it's red in my dream because I think it's red in real life.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I noticed something interesting. If I see a color and assume it's red, I see red. When someone tells me it's actually brown, it changes to brown. I would not even know I was colorblind except for people telling me I colored something wrong, or named it wrong.

As a kid, I made a drawing of an apple tree with brown leaves and black apples, you see the labels fell off the crayons. I'm also an artist now, ironic huh?

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

LOL entirely recognizable !

The drawing thing too. As a kid I made drawings of green tree trunks with brown leaves and a purple sky

17. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Wow!

I think your eyes can be fixed. Mine are working better then ever before, I don"t just see colors, I see much more. My eyes catch glimpses of radio wave, X, Micro, Infrare, Violet, Zero, and more. I have even seen thoughts coming out of peoples heads. The world is so vivid and intense, inspiring. Within colors I see other colors, then energy, then there is a curve and around it there is another place like this one. Sometimes I see places far off though I see here and now at he same time. Once I was walking to my bathroom then I saw myself from the top, back, sides, every orbital degree on down to the fractions, all at the same time. I can catch quantom flashes with my eyes. I see emotional energy. This happened after trying an experiment with time. I remade the calendar into a spiral canvas and draw my life into it, every symbol defined. I can see one year of my life all at once!!!! What do you think happens when I spin it?

I know what I've experienced, but I am even more curious now then ever. Anyways, my ability to see and experience colors is way beyond what it ever was before I started. This applies to my other senses as well. Its a real turn on.

As to harlequin, sorry. Its not mine. I didn't make it up and it stands alone. Getting 5 names is stressful enough. I hope you can eventually see as I see...I really really mean that. I need these names badly. Its very hard to explain why, its a path, the code. I must take it to the 13th level. If this world is lucky I might make it to the 10th. I am just now finishing the second
    evolution, and now I am going to use it to see how things change this time???

Though this is intense...I'm having more fun then I ever had before in my life.
    Too much fun to stop!!! Curiousity has me. I opened a forum up about the Device I created and yes I am a little more then fanatical about it...so it is better to tell you this now.

Regards, Jozen

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Color blindness come from not having enough color-sensitive cells in your eye called cones. No amount of training will re-grow those cells.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't think colorblindness can be fixed though Jozen-Bo.
    Anyway, I wouldn't trade in my eyes for normal one's. I can see better than most, apart from the color thing lol

20. John99 Banned Banned

I think the problem is that the further from RGB you go the less likely for people to see the same.

21. [a-5] Sex machine, coin operated. Registered Senior Member

BULLSHIT. I CALL YOUR BLUFF AND RAISE YOU THREE SHILLINGS.

22. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Oh this is fun!!!!

I am so glad I don't really need others to agree with me or believe me. Interesting how touchy this can get. You think I am making this up???? This is absurd. I can't prove anything to you. I would even try. Do it yourself or not. Cells that don't regenerate???
    Are you paying attention. There are documented cased of humans regrowing their fingers back. What is that then??? Huh??? It wouldn't be hard to dig up the proof. But the proof is not my concern is it? Your the one with doubts then, not me.

Anyway I will spend a little more time here before I get back to all that stuff I gotta do.

a-5 do you know how to encrypt information into a whirling matrix? Your capitilization makes wonder if your maybe a tad bit jealous. I am really having more fun then ever. I feel so lucky I stumbled into this knowledge. If you really call my bluff...I will mail you the PDF and tell you how to use it. I am eager to put this to the test anyway!!! So far, of the people who I have already giving it to, they have said that they notice their seeing differently too. More energy, as if its coming out of the walls. That was the first thing I started seeing too. If you really want to call my bluff...GOOD!!!! It will take you 30 minutes a day for one year, and it won't be easy. Discipline is everything here, screw off and you get nowhere. Make a code, record it, spin it!!! Its so easy!!! I call your bluff as well! I don't think you will really call my bluff and try it yourself. Let's then find out, shall we?

23. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Oh yeah...I raise your 3 shillings with 3 more!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.