A little more control, please.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by K.FLINT, Nov 25, 2007.

1. K.FLINT Devil's advocate :D Registered Senior Member

This is quick.

I would like to know if it would be possible for the powers at be to grant a bit of control over the treads we create. specifically the power to lock a thread that you have created your self. ??

I'm not suggesting to take the power away from the moderators, merely to extend it as a courtesy to the creators of a thread.

Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. Say you have someone who creates a thread with the intention of pushing a proposal and that proposal is repeatedly debunked. The OP might then in a hissy fit have the last word and then lock it.

No, I think it's best left to the moderators.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. K.FLINT Devil's advocate :D Registered Senior Member

The last word

Moderators in there discretion would always have the LAST word and reopen it if they saw fit. Also if the person in question abuses said power they could always remove it from them.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

\AAAAhhh/ very good point indeed.

8. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

In an ideal world, people wouldn't abuse the feature.
    Imagine a religious spammer flooding the boards with closed threads containing bible verses.
    Somebody wants the last word in a debate......post, and quickly close the thread.

On the other hand, one thing I would love to be able to do is "rename" threads.

9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

And I would like the power to delete them.

10. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

I'm afraid that this option will stay moderators' privilege like on the other discussion boards.
    If member think that his/her thread reached its 'maximum', the best option is to ask for its closing via PM to the subforum moderator or if he/she is not available, to the supermod or admins.
    Or it could be the simple request in the thread itself.