Afghanistan - What is the objective?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by StrawDog, Mar 11, 2009.

1. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

The continuation of this farcical invasion.

(http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,4084230,00.html)

The Biden fear mongering and efforts to garner support for this farcical "war" in Afghanistan is a mystery.

Can someone remind me again.

Exactly how is the Taliban is a threat to US and European security?

How did the alleged battle against Bin Laden morph into a battle against the Taliban?

What was/is the objective and outcome for the invasion of Afghanistan supposed to be:
    1. Back then?
    2. And now?

And how exactly in the words of Biden, is:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

They want an Islamic state (sets a bad precedent for fellow Muslim servants is the Western power centers) and they refused to borrow any money from the IMF and World Bank (showing a nation can stand on its feet without being needlessly in billions of dollars in debt).

The threat they pose is that of an independent movement arising from the grassroots society to challenge foreign rule, and that is the real thorn in the side of the imperialists' goals of dominance of Muslim societies. The perpetual demonization of all aspects of Islamic civilization by the Western media and governments is a ploy to garner support for more invasions of sovereign Muslim nations.

If you think Afghanistan and Iraq are the last, you are wrong. The West has its eyes on the Middle East and Central Asia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Syria are the heart of this realm. With control over the major powers and pacification of the major obstacles to the path of Western dominance, there will be little to no resistance to Western control of Muslim lands. Fortunately, the people of this region realize what is happening and are waking up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dV6RHNE76s

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, when I read Obama wants to send more troops to Afghanistan, I realised the farce was still on

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

There is great wealth, in oil and gas and much else, in the Caspian Sea basin and the general area - Afghanistan is the key to getting it out.
    The Western powers don't care one way or the other whether Afghanistan is Muslim. W&Co were practically family with the House of Saud, and if they could install a duplicate of Saudi government in every country in the region, they would.

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

The original objective was to get in there kick the Taliban's ass enough to get Osama an company - raise the locals whom want to fight the Tabliban and train them, then get out.

Somewhere in the late stages of Operation Anaconda where it is theorized Osama got very close to getting captured by Canadian JTF2 and U.S Special forces, the dogs were called off him and we got this current clusterfuck as a result of attention being turned to Iraq.

Now they are troop surging like this is an occupation.

Canada is leaving in 2011. After having served in one of the toughest provinces and suffering the worst per-capita casualties for the past 7 years, while other NATO Jerk off nations sit in the back 40 easy provinces and won't swap out. The Usual for Canada all the way back to WWI to WWII - to Korea and every fuckin so-called peacekeeping mission. Going to be a huge rethink for Canadian defense after that, how we go about defending our ACTUAL borders, our so-called allies routinely violated while we fight with them in shitholes like Afghanistan.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Resident idiots aside, Afghanistan does not want an Islamic state. We want to support freedom and democracy as well as our own security by supporting Afghanistan's government against violent revolution. If the Taliban gained power again, then Islamic terrorists would again have a base of support from which to launch attacks against their percieved enemies. The Afghani people would again be terrorized, tortured, oppressed, and forcibly thrown back to a stone age existence.

10. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Unadulterated crack-pot thinking right here. Who exactly is this faceless image, 'The West'...is it an ideology or everything west of the prime meridian East of the 180 longitudinal mark? The west is already dominant considering key speakers seeking to justify their local behaviors sit on American land (the UN) and plea to a body. "The West" would like the socially overdeveloped "Mid-East" to recant on their present philosophies not inherited from religious beliefs. Their asinine fears and bizarre grand delusion of some massive scale war against faceless bodies wish to wage on 'the holy Islam'... Your governments cry how our governments and media lie to us...well that's a lie! I've see and heard first hand the stuff that comes out of these states...the people asking me "How can it be that Americans allow Jews to control their country, allow Jews to control their media?" Soon after they show themselves to lack contiguity claiming "Our nations are about equality."

Yeah okay....

So wage some false war against the west...by doing so you're responsible, your leaders are responsible, for the deaths of thousands of Muslims in the region for no reason other than civil unrest and corrupt governments, which are the two issues 'The West' sees forefront.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The Soviets had 100,000 troops in Afghanistan and collapsed in 10 years. Lets see how long the economy matches the stomach of the Americans to prop up a puppet regime's stability vs their own.

I predict Obama will start wooing "moderate" elements in the Taliban very soon.

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I doubt he'll Woo them, that would be a disaster for him politically.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I was guessing but he's already paving the way

http://www.livemint.com/2009/03/08225628/Obama-US-may-reach-out-to-mod.html

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well I guess it wouldn't be that hard. The CIA has many Taliban and Al Quada operatives/contacts from selling stinger missiles to them during the Russian invasion.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The Taliban has/had expectations from Obama.
    So does Karzai.

That may make it easier.

Plus, with Pakistan making deals with Pashtun tribals left right and center on their side of the border, it will be easy for the Americans to put Pakistanis as their front men. Unless they once again grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

The U.S needs to stop using Proxy fighters, it's what got them into this whole mess. If the official conspiracy is to be believed - if not , just disband the CIA and everyone in the world will be happy.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Or we could fight the war like we did World War II ....just keep dropping bombs, shooting off missiles, shooting people until they're either all gone or they surrender. Why fight a war with both hands tied behind your back? Seems rather silly, don't it?

Had I been in control of the war, it would have been over in a few months!! ...and we wouldn't even be having this silly "discussion".

Baron Max

18. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

It would have to go nuclear in the mountains. Determined, numerous, mountain people cannot be defeated in any time line, ancient to modern day.

They were the white spots for Alexanders map to Hitlers and yes even the mighty U.S cannot defeat mountain people.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I bet the Russians would have an opinion on that. As well as Pakistan and India.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Interesting, the last Russina Troops left Afganhanistan February 15, 1989, and the First time the Taliban appears in the News is,

Your assumption seem to be very tenious.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Just google who the leaders of Taliban are. Mullah Omar for one.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You didn't read my post carefully. Unless I'm badly mistaken, we used nuclear weapons during WW II, right? The Japanese were "...determined, numerous, ...." people, too, look what it got them?

Baron Max

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

So, was He the Taliban? Not according to your Citation:

Omar fought as a guerilla with the Harakat-i Inqilab-i Islami faction

Harakat-i-Inqilab-i-Islami (Islamic Revolution Movement) was a traditionalist Afghan mujahedeen group fighting against Soviet forces during the Soviet war in Afghanistan

That isn't the Taliban.