Sasser (A-D) Worm Removal Tool .....

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by cosmictraveler, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Thanks for adding that Cosmictraveler I'm sure that will help someone in need.

Apparently the current worm infestation on the net is some virus groups that think sending viruses back and forwards is a method of waging some sort of battle of the virus writers. As someone mentioned to me, it's a pity they don't realise that there little battle is earning alot of people money, then they might actually stop.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

"As someone mentioned to me, it's a pity they don't realise that there little battle is earning alot of people money, then they might actually stop."

I think that's an added bonus to them

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Symantec also has a removel tool. I didn't yet have the chance to test the removal tool that Cosmictraveler linked to, cause it is my friend's computer that is infected.

I directed him towards the symantec removel tool, and it wouldn't run because the thing said he hadn't the administrator rights. But my friend is the only user of the XP machine, and there is no login screen.

How can we get the administrator rights to run the sasser fix?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.