Computer game in House MD?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Syzygys, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

They showed them playing this game at least 2-3 times already, but I can't identify it. I am not sure if it is a real game or just "made for House". In it a chimpanzee shots bats in a lab or space station. Sometimes they have special googles on the players so they can play it in 3D.

Anybody knows what the game is called assuming it is a real game???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Could you give us a link, or a hint, or the first letters or something to go by other than this ^? We ain't Sherlock the Homie or anything here, y'know???

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

From Moviemistakes.com and the long list of "continuity errors"....

I would therefore suggest it was a potential "Ad libitum" by Hue Laurie, who probably hasn't played the game but imagined it would likely entail monkeys in space shooting bats.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I wasn't talking about the Metroid game. I am sure he played it on the Gameboy once.

The game I want to know about was a plot device once, the programmer got sick, while playing the game and later he had hallucinations. When Taub and 13 visited the comp lab, they played the game with headsets on and standing on a platform with special guns. (Episode is called: Epic Fail, 6th season 2nd episode)

Here is a trivia about this episode, without telling us the name of the game:

http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz317567245b090.html

In another episode Taub and Foreman played it on a consol in Foreman's appartment...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

OK, I have found the info, it was made for House and was called Savage Scape:

Encore Hollywood Builds Unprecedented Visual Effects for House’s “Savage Scape”
    Jon Silberg September 28th, 2009

Fox’s unique medical drama, House, is known for innovative storylines and far-out visual effects and the show’s sixth season is no exception—offering some of the most ambitious situations to date. The third episode of the season, entitled “Epic Fail” which aired Monday, Sept. 28th, follows a videogame developer who loses touch with reality and seems to inhabit the dangerous and gruesome world of an immersive game called “Savage Scape.”
    Encore Hollywood created the visual effects for the episode, displaying a level of sophistication and fine detail rarely, if ever, seen to this extent on series television. In three separate scenes, “Epic Fail” immerses viewers inside an all-3D-CGI world—a world set in a bizarre laboratory, out of an alternate dystopian future, populated by strange mutations.
    House Visual Effects Supervisor Elan Soltes approached Encore Hollywood as soon as he learned about the game concept, just four months before the airdate, to discuss how to create what would become six minutes of pure CGI for the fictional game “Savage Scape.” The visual effects team at Encore collaborated with House writers, producers and the episode’s director, Greg Yaitanes, to develop elaborate, multilayered looks for a video game that doesn’t really exist. “I knew that if we were going to be constructing a video game for the show, we’d have to get started right away,” Soltes recalls. “In the real world of gaming, the development process can take three or four years.”
    “Epic Fail” was an unprecedented challenge for Encore Hollywood, which has provided visual effects over the course of House’s six-season run creating visceral images of patients’ internal organs that no real camera could capture and adding other visual elements that keep viewers surprised.
    The massive undertaking involved motion capture as well as more than 15 artists working in Autodesk packages 3D Studio Max and Inferno, as well as eyeon Fusion, among other tools, to build the multilayered environment required to bring the world of “Savage” and its chimera-style mutant characters to life.

More at:

http://blog.digitalcontentproducer....ented-visual-effects-for-houses-savage-scape/

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Here is a screenshot:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Pinwheel Banned Banned

So, not a real game. Looked a bit too high tech.