The northern most extent at which this happens is the arctic circle, the southernmost is the antarctic circle
There are 4 other circles of note on earth. they are the equator, tropic of Capricorn, tropic of Cancer, and the prime meridian/ international date line.
- equator divides the earth exactly in half between the poles it runs east and west.
- prime meridian is where time is measured from. it passes through greenwitch (pronounced gren-itch) england. it runs north and south.
- the international date line is where the day changes. it follows a jagged route north and south through the mid pacific ocean.
- tropic of cancer edit me.
- tropic of capricorn edit me.