Don't trust people from India on Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Alien Cockroach, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

They are apt to be horribly biased and lacking in perspective.

http://en.trend.az/regions/world/usa/1644409.html

Back in 2007, the government of India, which has growing energy demands, backed out of a pipeline deal with Iran, under pressure from the USA. Although I disagree with this maneuver, the fact is that the politics of India toward Iran are likely to be biased in favor of its current government. I now understand why S.A.M., who claims to live in India, was as determined as she was to demonize Mousavi, former Presidential candidate in Iran.

http://enduringamerica.com/2009/05/28/irans-president-election-mousavi-makes-his-economic-challenge/

Mousavi's campaign is based on reducing Iran's depdence upon oil exports by shifting over to a more industrialized economy. This is against the interests of Iran's neighbors, who benefit from Iran being poverty-stricken and deeply export-dependent. Therefore, a person who lives in India or any other country that imports a lot of Iranian oil cannot be trusted to have Iran's best interests in mind. People like S.A.M. profit from Iran remaining in a state of economic ruin. It would be very costly for them if Iran were to become a knowledge economy and have cause to raise their prices.

This may explain why countries that are rich in natural resources often live in a state of abject poverty. This tells the whole sad story. It all comes down to human greed. What I find to be the most revolting of all is the fact that S.A.M. has been demonizing Americans for supporting dictators for personal gain. It's not that my government has never done this, but it sure is shoddy coming from someone who has been demonizing one of the faint voices for reform, in Iran, for her own personal gain. It is very crappy. Enjoy all of that money, S.A.M., but it is the same kind of blood money that Americans have been spending for decades. Welcome to the club.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

India has a long history of rivalry with Iran. We backed Iraq against Iran and now we back Israel against Iran. We also back the US and EU against Iran

You're confusing my personal opinion [I disagree as much with aspects of Indian Foreign Policy as I do with the US] for Indian viewpoints.

In Indian mythology, we [the devas, or awesome god like creatures with semi clad women and laid back lifestyles] are always battling the asuras [or evil ugly guys with bad hair and dirty mouths, obviously extremely low class idiots with no brains]

In Iranian mythology the ahuras [s becomes h from Sanskrit to Prakrit] [awesome Persian heroes] are always battling the devas [dissipated idiots from the other side of the Sind river]

The rivalry is old but its been part of our history for the better part of 5000 years.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

True, but being in the club doesn't mean I have to close my eyes

To quote my favourite author on this:

"Once you've seen certain things, you can't un-see them, and saying nothing is as political an act as speaking out. There is no innocence, that I'm sure about. There's no innocence and there isn't any sense in which any of us is perfect or not invested in the system. If i put money in the bank it's going to fund the bombs and the dams. When i pay tax, I'm investing in projects i disagree with. I'm not a completely blameless person campaigning for the good of mankind. But from that un-pristine position, is it better to say nothing or to say something? One is not powerful enough nor powerless enough not to be invested in the process. Most of us are completely enmeshed in the way the world works. All our hands are dirty."

-Arundhati Roy

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Maybe we should all take a break and try to discuss this a bit more rationally.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't anticipate we will have energy problems like the US. We're lucky in the sense of having a lot of people interested in our energy needs and we're luckier that most Indians are too lazy to fight wars. Plus we have 200+ political parties which keeps our politicians sufficiently divided so we can rule them.

I did hear that the oil pipeline was trashed, but since the entire project was based off the Shanghai Cooperative to which Russia, China and Iran are members and India is not, possibly the Afghan war may "help" us if we can figure out how to get it through the Himalayas. IOW, we were always going to have to depend on China [who wants Arunachal] Pakistan [who wants Kashmir] and Afghanistan [who are all moving to India] to benefit from that pipeline.

The nuclear deal we struck with Bush over the protests of our resident communist parties and the extra benefits of getting the French to transfer their technology is actually a bigger coup than the loss of the pipeline. Of course it means that in return Indians will allow US troops to form a base or have their subs trolling our waters. Since that would help us with the Chinese necklace of military bases surrounding us from China to Sri Lanka, we would effectively became a client state for American war mongering in the Indian ocean as well. And with the Israelis training our troops, well only God can help us from becoming a militaristic state.

edit: apparently, Iran is also an observer in the SCO just like India.

9. kororoti Registered Senior Member

I think if you were more objective, then you'd realize that 9/10 of what you believe is also based entirely on how it affects the USA's assets.

I'm sure you've read some very convincing propaganda to convince you otherwise, but who do you think wrote that propaganda, and what do you think was their intention in writing it?

Every country tries to make its greed look rosy.

10. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

I am a progressive.

11. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

It was not my idea for the US to expand its economy beyond the point at which it can sustain itself.

I just happen to live here.

Oh, and I don't need a black granite countertop or a 1500'² home.

Quit trying to amuse me with snarky references to the British Raj, creep.

I'll bet you have.

So you would rather bend over for the Shanghai Five, then.

You are a very sad person. In your world, you have to choose between one monstrosity and the other. Why can't you look at Iran, like I try to, and see that most of their politicians are well-meaning men. I know why: you see nothing in the world that is good. You came to visit America, and you saw nothing in it that was good: you say that all you saw was "stupid." You are a miserable person, and you help make the world more miserable.

My government did Iran a terrible disservice in giving unlimited power to the Shah. I do not begrudge them continuing to resent my country over it. I think that there were a lot of faults in the policy of blindly doing anything and everything to obstruct the Soviets. I think it did a lot of harm that continues to haunt us today. It was based on the idea of "choosing the lesser of two evils." What misery.

There is no God there to help you. There is no wonderful afterlife waiting for you, so I strongly suggest finding good in the world around you. If you are unable to do so, then you are weak.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

:wallbang:

You missed the very important kororoti made here.

Apply it to Moussavi and think what it means

13. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Trust an American instead.

14. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

DAMN! What a cool rivalry! All we have for rivalry is infighting in the form of sports team loyalties... both sides being extremely low class idiots with no brains.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You should see the graphic art

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Indeed, as a developing country with 3-4 times the US population, India already has much more severe energy problems than the US has ever experienced.

Unlikely. Y'all can afford your own navy, at least as far as containing China's navy in the Indian Ocean is concerned. You just need the US on-side so that you are working with the US navy instead of against them (the latter being far too expensive, and offering China the possibility of teaming up with the US to screw you).

Military training exchanges have little influence on the nature of states. The causation, if any, runs the other way.

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

No, you're not

No, you're not.

18. superstring01 Moderator

19. superstring01 Moderator

Damn! Beat me to it!!!

~String

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Something, something, something, er ... um ... yeah

I suppose I have a bigger stake in the identification.

But A/C is either a provocateur or a striking example of diversity among "progressives".

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think he's just...young. :itold:

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: Thread closed, on the basis of the title alone. Next time, no trolling please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.