The Recent Hero of the Republican Party Votes with the Democrats!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Feb 23, 2010.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The recent and much touted hero of the Republican Party and Tea Party, Senator Brown, voted with the Democrats on the recent Job Stimulus Bill. And in doing so old number 41 seems to have gained the ire of many Republicans and Tea Partiers. What does this say about the Republican stranglehold on legislation?

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/23/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6235168.shtml

Will he vote for healthcare reform? Will he usher in a time of sanity and reason on the Republican side of the fence? Mean while Senator McCain, former presidential candidate for the Republican Party, is saying that he was for the bank bailouts because the Bush II Republican administration lied to him. He was for it before he was against it. It is really a sad thing to see Senator McCain come to this dire state. There was a time when I thought the man had integrity.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2010/02/22/20100222mccain-tarp0222.html

I think McCain's days in the Senate are numbered. What he really should have done is gone back to the days when he touted personal integrity and honesty...gone back to his days in the Navy...Honor, Courage, Commitment and the old Navy motto:

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
    (Not for self, but country)

If he had not abandoned those principals, I think he would be in much better shape politically than he is today.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. desi Valued Senior Member

The Democrats control numbers in the Congress. Electing a single Boston Republican won't change that.

As for government getting into healthcare, that would be very bad on many levels.

1. If government paid for it it would take us further along the road to national bankruptcy.

2. If government mandated people pay for it themselves it would be like an added tax to the already overtaxed public.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

The Democrats aren't proposing universal healthcare. They're proposing a government backed option to be included in the healthcare exchange, to give the consumers more choice. In my state I can choose from 2 insurers through my corporate plan, Blue Cross, Kaiser, and they both charge about the same and offer the same services. So there's no real choice for me at all.

I agree the mandates are stupid.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.