Centralized Action

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stateofmind, Feb 23, 2010.

1. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone here knows of a site or organization that is dedicated to creating a centralized community of people fed up with the inefficiency and pocket-lining of the government in order to focus efforts and political action with the principle of "strength in numbers - focused."

If such an organization does not yet exist, is there anyone here who is interested in starting a community with this plan in mind? As far as what can be done with such an organization, the first things that come to mind are mass boycotts of oppressive products and political decisions.

I'm tired of theorizing and arguing. I'm ready to get the wheel turning.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Campaign for Liberty is an organization that you should think about.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

I checked their website and I don't think it's what I'm looking for. I want a community that decides amongst themselves on certain "goals" to boycott or support. It's about centralizing consumer power and focusing it to target specific ends. I want it to be completely legal as well - which means no tax evasion or the like. There are many affairs in the legal sphere that are in need of change and we should work on those first.

So do you know of anything like this?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

Ross Perot started one sometime ago, Even with his Billions, he could not get far. The Cancer is everywhere...you have to let it die. Even forest fires that wipes out the forest or asteroids that destroy 90% of life is a good thing for the future growth.

Or ...if you have about $100 Billion in a piggy bank....

Civilizations rise and fall, that is the nature of the world. Look at what happened to the Greek Civilization and look at them now...still did not learn anything...and we will?

8. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

What does this have to do with civilizations? I'm not trying to take over the government - I'm trying to find or start a community to harness the power of the individual for the individual. Think of it like an all-encompassing consumer report that also chooses to boycott or support certain products/political actions.

I don't believe for a second that this would take billions to start up. Google started with 2 guys writing a program in a dorm... I'm interested in this project started by Ross Perot though - any lessons I can learn from a previous project would be greatly welcomed. Can you provide any links?

9. jmpet Valued Senior Member

"Twin Oaks is an intentional community in rural central Virginia, made up of around 85 adult members and 15 children. Since the community's beginning in 1967, our way of life has reflected our values of cooperation, sharing, nonviolence, equality, and ecology. We welcome you to schedule a visit.

"We do not have a group religion; our beliefs are diverse. We do not have a central leader; we govern ourselves by a form of democracy with responsibility shared among various managers, planners, and committees. We are self-supporting economically, and partly self-sufficient. We are income-sharing. Each member works 42 hours a week in the community's business and domestic areas. Each member receives housing, food, healthcare, and personal spending money from the community.

http://www.twinoaks.org/index.html

10. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

There's a similar type of community in New Hampshire that I read about. This is not what I'm looking for though. This community requires you to move. I want something centralized on the internet so that people can access it anywhere in the country or world. Something inclusive - not isolated like these communities.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Campaign for Liberty is a very active group.

Or you can check out the CPAC.

12. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

They're not what I'm looking for. Those sites are more about political protests/candidates and campaigns. I'm looking for a site that organizes unified action in the economic sphere.

13. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member