Iran the mega super power

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Feb 22, 2010.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Iran is a mega super power, even without the bomb

Awesome, I have to say, Israeli papers are the best read these days, you can find even in right wing rags like Ynet, stuff you'd never see in the NYT.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. otheadp Banned Banned

You quoted Ha'Aretz, which is very very leftwing. However this analysis is quite accurate. But what is the recommendation of this analyst? To just ignore Iran altogether? By the way, Iran's interests are not too hard to identify - the "why" build a bomb. What's even easier to identify is their intention, which is to build the bomb.

The world just can't let it be. The program has to be stopped. If it creates such divisions it is because these divisions were already there.

I think maybe it's time the US started buying some Muslim goodwill by helping Chechen "freedom fighters"... if you know what I'm getting at...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

North Korea has the bomb. If the world can live with Kim Jong Il in possession of a nuclear device [not to mention Pakistan], Iran with its long long looooooonnnnnggg history of not attacking anyone is certainly a much better bet. They won't attack anyone [they have plenty of long range missiles and never have, so far]

The fact that Ahmedinejad can barely sneeze without the Americans and Israelis [not to mention the uneasy dictators in the Middle East] catching a cold, is proof of that. They only get excited about people who cannot fight back.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

Except for their pesky history of funding terrorism throughout the Mideast.

~String

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They have far more credibility helping natives against a foreign occupation [like the allies did for the French resistance] than Americans do cutting a 30 billion dollar cheque for an apartheid European occupation regime in the Arab state.

I'd like to see one American stand up and say they would welcome a foreign military occupation that did to them what the Ashkenazis have done to the Palestinians. And I would like one American who would stand up and say that if the UK, Australia or Canada helped them, they would be funding terrorism. I would say one native American, but I'm pretty sure you consider them terrorists for defending themselves against European occupation too.

I'd also like to see any evidence of Iran "funding terrorism"

I believe you to be a stickler for proof. So I assume you have some

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Long history of maybe a week, that is about how long it takes to prep another missile to hit Israel.

What are you suggesting? That if you shoot an Israeli than it doesnt count as an attack?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not if the Israeli shoots first. And as history shows, Israelis always shoot first and then bitch and moan for decades if anyone so much as protests their oppressive ways

Could you give me a link to a news item about the last missile from Iran to hit Israel a week ago?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010