Obama is very Religious

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jack_, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Jack_ Banned Banned

Obama: But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side, I felt I heard God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth and carrying out His works."

http://factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck2/2007/11/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jack_ Banned Banned

He is not.

No Churchgoing Christmas for the First Family
    http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1949879,00.html

If church attendance is one measure of a man's faith, then President Obama may appear to have lost some of his. The first family, once regular churchgoers, have publicly attended services in Washington just three times in the past year, by ABC News' count, even bypassing the pews on Christmas Day.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obamas-year-keeping-faith-white-house/story?id=9689272

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure if I accept that premise. Anyway, he does have a lot to do.

8. Jack_ Banned Banned

What, like get himself out of the way?

“I know that I don’t walk alone, and I know that if I can get myself out of the way, that I can maybe carry out in some small way what he intends,” Obama said.

dyn.politico.com/members/forums/thread.cfm?catid=1&subcatid=2&threadid=1178977&start=1&CurrentPage=1

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You know, like being president? His religiosity is not my favorite thing about him, but I'm not sure if an atheist could be elected.

10. Jack_ Banned Banned

Really. Well, what makes you think he is religious and simply not a liar about it?

If he is religious, then according to the Bible, he should rest on Sunday and go to church.

Further, you said he is busy, well On Christmas Day he was partying in Hawaii instead of going to church on one of the most religious days of the year.

Now, what is even worse, while he was on this fancy vacation eating the finest foods in the world, folks are losing their jobs and homes because of his failed and worthless stimulus package.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Well, all presidents wine and dine, I do not begrudge him that. Also, although I'm not personally religious, I know that people express their religion in various and highly personal ways.

12. Jack_ Banned Banned

Oh, yea?

How to you insert a vid in this place?

I want to put up the Rev Wright rant so we can see how Obama expresses his personal religious beliefs.

Let's explore further also.

It’s easy to understand the appeal of a “push-button” approach to fighting Al Qaeda, but the embrace of the Predator program has occurred with remarkably little public discussion, given that it represents a radically new and geographically unbounded use of state-sanctioned lethal force. And, because of the C.I.A. program’s secrecy, there is no visible system of accountability in place, despite the fact that the agency has killed many civilians inside a politically fragile, nuclear-armed country with which the U.S. is not at war.
    *http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/10/26/091026fa_fact_mayer#ixzz0b1sgVmsF

Obama assassinates folks from space without a trial based on his own superior "God" like principles.

I thought Obama was all about trials and carrying on.

How is this program consistent with his claimed religious beliefs?

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I dream he is a closet atheist.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Plenty of warfare in the Bible. And can we give the Rev. Wright crap a rest already?

15. Jack_ Banned Banned

I see, so you think it is OK for Obama to kill folks with a trial?

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes. If it were possible to arrest these people without great loss of American life, that would be preferable. But if it's not, leaving them alone when you know their intents and location seems irresponsible.

17. Jack_ Banned Banned

I see, so this implies you do not really know if they are guilty so you kill them anyway.

This is your Obamaworld of hopesy and changy?

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Most Americans are religious, anyway. So it's not surprising that Obama is religious.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

War is like that. We probably just strongly suspect certain people of being our enemy, so we kill them. That's all you can do when arresting them is out of the question. I'm sure there were some German and Japanese soldiers that weren't bad people, maybe they hadn't personally killed any Americans at all. The change I voted for with Obama was focusing on the war on terror rather than Iraq, and that's precisely what he's doing.

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

This stuff would be right at home in the Onion.

Jack: every video of Reverend Wright features Reverend Wright expressing Reverend Wright's beliefs - personal, religious, and otherwise.

Now if you are claiming Obama is not influenced by his claimed religion, and spends too little time in church, then the good Reverend would be part of that no influence complaint.

If you are claiming Obama is too much influenced by certain ministers of the Gospel, spends too much time in Church and so forth, then I am not following your argument.

21. Jack_ Banned Banned

So, did the Taliban attack us?

No.

Your logic proclaimed Iraq should not be invaded because they did not attack us.

Neither did the Taliban. They just gave the terrorists some sand to play in for a high rent.

So, why exactly do you support the Afghan war?

22. Jack_ Banned Banned

I am saying Obama must have been aware of Wright's views after 20 years or he is stupid.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think they share responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. They are certainly in league with Al Quida ideologically. I say Iraq should not have been invaded because they were not a threat to us. I think the Taliban have proven to be a threat.