Muslims Try Another Terrorist Attack vs. Our Troops at Ft. Jackson

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, Feb 19, 2010.

1. sandy Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sandy Banned Banned

How much you wanna bet no one calls these guys "terrorists"??

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Okay.

What are you trying to prove? Are you trying to support a racist agenda? Are you trying to persuade people to hate Islam and love Jesus?

I don't think the world of religion in general. If you are trying to persuade me that Muslims are crazy and violent, you are preaching to the choir.

However, I think that religious people in general are mentally unbalanced and violent.

For the former, take yourself for example.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

not to worry pat robertson will...some other real new worthy headlines from cbn

Town Fights to Stay in the Dark

really sums it up

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. kororoti Registered Senior Member

I don't think it's "terrorism" when you attack a military target. That's more along the lines of simple insurgency, even if the soldiers are knights in shining armor. You have to try and avoid throwing around the "T" word too much, or it loses all of its meaning.

A terrorist is one who uses fear to attempt to accomplish political goals.
    By the very definition of their role, a soldier should be considered constitutionally incapable of experiencing the intended response of a "terrorist" attack. If they were strongly motivated by the fear of death, then they wouldn't make very good soldiers.

9. sandy Banned Banned

The perps were a group of Muslim/foreign-connected men who wanted to do harm to American soldiers on US soil. That is terrorism. The nutcake who flew his plane into the IRS building was not a terrorist.
    Had the Muslims succeeded, don't you think the remaining soldiers who were not killed by their poison would be fearful? Fearful for their lives? Afraid to eat?

10. otheadp Banned Banned

This should have been kept a secret. I don't know how/why this was made public.

The goal is to keep Muslim American soldiers not radicalized. It's either that, or exclude all of them from the military which would certainly alienate and inflame Muslim Americans' sentiments, and the next step would be internment, which is just unacceptable in the 21st century.

The solution is to keep reminding them that the US military is trying to help Muslims. The Taliban are not the standard bearers of Islam, and most Muslims, no matter which Muslim-majority country they hail from, would certainly agree.

11. sandy Banned Banned

Kept a secret, why? We do not hide attempts at terrorism. We were trying to stop it. This is just one of about a dozen recent attempts. They are getting bolder.

12. sandy Banned Banned

13. noodler Banned Banned

I'm curious, you refer to "They" as if a reader will understand who this is.
    Who are "they", and why are you so indignant about the prospect of people wanting to harm US soldiers, on US soil or anywhere else?

Wouldn't any country with military personnel deployed in a foreign campaign be at risk from retaliatory attacks, by being at war with a country? Don't the rules of war get relaxed when it comes to civilian targets if one side or the other gets "careless" about collateral damage (recall the firebombing of Dresden, the V2 rockets aimed at London, etc).

In fact the rules of engagement have long since left the realm of gentlemanly conduct, because you can drop a bomb anywhere on the planet from thousands of miles away. The means of delivering death are now joysticks and computer keyboards, and airconditioned offices in Langley. There are no rules, so why be so pissed about being hated for letting the boys play with their toys, and killing lots of people by remote control?

Didn't America want to attack Afghanistan as soon as it could get there, after 9/11? Didn't the perps all come from somewhere else? Do you think that attacking a different country was a rational act and America would be hailed as a savior of some kind?
    By who, exactly?

14. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

How come you didn't make a post about the terrorist who tried to commit mass murder by crashing his Plane into the I.R.S yesterday? It doesn't boil your blood when a White Christian terrorist does it? Of-course not. Here's the facts. Muslims themselves are victimized by Terrorists a 1000 times more than Americans are.

15. sandy Banned Banned

They are terrorists. I thought it was obvious.

I started a thread about it. He wasn't a Christian. He was a liberal who hated Bush, capitalism, healthcare profiteers, religion, Catholicism etc... He wasn't a terrorist.
    I have never seen, heard of, or read about any kind of "Christian terrorist". That is an oxymoron.

16. Jack_ Banned Banned

why do you choose these words.

That word white appears important to your thinking.

17. noodler Banned Banned

Who are, and why did you think "they are terrorists" was obvious?

I repeat, who are "they"? Do you know where "they" live, what sort of things they eat and drink, etc?
    Are there any living in your neighborhood, or the next state over from you? How about in Washington, any terrorists hanging out and being really obvious?

18. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

But aren't you really just "pretending that it did happen", as right now all you have is rumor. In fact, at least one source reports that military officials have said there is no credible evidence substantiating the allegations. Why not believe that?

http://mediamatters.org/research/201002190031

Would waiting for the facts before accusing these men of being terrorists be too much to ask? Or should we arrest people on mere suspicion and without evidence....or is that grounds only for torture...?

This is the kind of crazy talk that led to the internment of the Japanese.

19. sandy Banned Banned

No. It happened. I know my sh*t. It will be hard to prove, covered up, and not in the news much, though. Maybe only 2 will be convicted. I could be wrong.

20. noodler Banned Banned

The price of freedom is the eternal imprisonment of suspects, and the tying of freedom of thought to blind ideology...

21. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Correct, you did start a thread about it, and you titled it "man" flies plane into IRS. If he were a muslim you would of said "terrorist". And terrorist hate capitalism, healthcare, profiteers, and any religion besides theirs. You've never heard or read about any christian terrorists? I'll start with the KKK. A christian terrorist organization that terrorized blacks and whites for decades. Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, and countless other christian terrorist abortion clinic bombers. By not saying they're terrorists I assume you condone what they've done?

22. Jack_ Banned Banned

So true.

This is Obama's hidden Gitmo
    March 16, 2009
    Samp pointed to the Obama administration’s effort to dismiss a suit by five detainees who say they were tortured by arguing that the case would reveal state secrets.Obama’s lawyers similarly adopted the Bush administration’s position on prisoners at the U.S. Air Force base in Bagram, Afghanistan, arguing that those captives shouldn’t have access to U.S. courts.Then last week, the administration told a judge that the president can detain people who “substantially supported” al- Qaeda or the Taliban in Afghanistan.
    www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aW8wx6SxzpfI&refer=us

Why doesn't the press talk about this prison?

23. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

It seems to me "no credible evidence" is a pretty ironclad standard. For example, if the military found POISON, that would be credible evidence. Not necessarily conclusive, but credible. So I would guess that they found no poison in this supposed poisoning plot, until contrary facts come to light.