Palin lashes out at `Family Guy'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PieAreSquared, Feb 17, 2010.

1. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. otheadp Banned Banned

"bimbo"...

charming.

people treating her like a bimbo, and disrespecting her children, are the hand that feeds her popularity. please continue doing that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I would respect her more if she were a bimbo. She calls her own child retarted, so fuck her.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Perhaps secondarily. Her popularity is in the first place premised on her open embrace of bimbo-dom.

8. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

From what I've seen the episode in question doesn't mock people with downs syndrome, but it is an odd reference to make since it is to be expected that Palin would take offence. It certainly didn't add any comedic or satirical value to the episode, unless someone can enlighten me?

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

when did that happen? Or did someone say she did but they have no proof.

11. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Palin may be just slightly more funny than Family Guy. It's impossible for me to sit through either of them, honestly.

I tried to watch that guy from SNL,the other Jimmy. God he sucks. He spent at least half of the mono talking about Palin. What the hell are these guys thinking? They need a new target if they can't even get a halfway decent laugh out of people.

12. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I saw it and for once they actually didn't make that big of a deal about it. She had down syndrome, but they didn't harp on it at all. She was portrayed as a normal person. A normal person with an attitude problem, but no real jabs at her disability. Of course they did make a refrence about her mother being the former governer of Alaska, I can see how that might have offended Palin, but I think they did a pretty good job treading over thin ice, this time.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Her daughter's babydaddy said it, and I believe him.

14. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Bimbo is a term that emerged in popular English language usage in the early 20th century to describe a physically attractive but unintelligent woman.

hey the shoe fits :xctd:

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

really? He has as much credibility as Paris Hilton to me.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I believe her too! She's too rich to lie.

17. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I think she missed the points of the episode. First, it was satire. When Rush was engaged in questionable satire, she excused it. Family Guy was unquestionably engaged in satire, and she offers them no pass?

Second, the point of the episode was not "Down's Syndrome" kids are bitches. The point was that they are just like everyone else, and *this* character with the affliction happens to be a bitch.

18. John99 Banned Banned

it's a cheap joke and the writers are shit heads.

19. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Palin is a hypocritical bimbo. She called President Obama every name in the book during the campaign cycle. Then she had the gall to go on Oreilly and lecture everyone how childish name calling is in the political arena.

20. John99 Banned Banned

Every name in the book, come on. It was not a particularly nasty campaing, on either side. Much worse has been said in political races regardless of the political party in the past.

To me politicians are all the same so i dont choose a side but when i see a politician being attacked for their race or that they are female etc. then that is where to draw the line. All it does is discourage women from politics.

21. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

22. John99 Banned Banned

that was good pie. you redeemed yourself. good fer you.

23. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

you're making it personal...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!