Is Sarah Palin qualified to be POTUS?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Feb 12, 2010.

?

Should Sarah Palin Run for POTUS in 2012?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2010.
  1. Run Sarah Run

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. No Sarah No

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Apparently most Republicans feel Sarah Palin is qualified to be president. However, most Americans, 70% of Americans feel she is not qualified to be POTUS.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...ified-to-serve-as-president/?fbid=LiiRYW6-9qg

Is she qualified to be POTUS? Does she have a valid birth certificate? Was she born in the Soviet Union or worse yet, Canada? How do we know that she is an American?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Do you want her to run for POTUS in 2012?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

She has the right to run if she wants but lets not let the MEDIA make another circus with her again, I'm sick and tired of them doing shit like that to anyone. By the way here are her stats to prove who she is, if you want to verify them please do so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes. I really, really want her to run. And no, she is not qualified at all. I enjoy the media circus that she helps create with her ignorance and peanut gallery of corn-pone nazis.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. otheadp Banned Banned

Ever since FOX has given her a platform to communicate, her image has improved a lot. When she talks directly to people and not through reporters who skew her words, and then their editors who do it further, and then the broken telephone of word-of-mouth that does it even further yet, there are good results.

I think she is definitely good enough to be a candidate in the Repulican (or whatever conservative party will arise by 2012) party's primaries. We'll see how it goes from then.

The positivity that is carrying her in response to public backlash to the disgusting treatment she's been getting by the media can only carry her so far. The brand of an "idiot" (that has literally branded onto her like cattle) makes it very easy for her to impress people, because after all she is no dummy. The fact that she's still around and is so very popular, seems to me, is because that she is proving that she -is- a serious contender. We'll see how serious.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Is that why:
    71 percent give her a thumbs down in the ABC News/Washington Post survey.

Only 26 percent say she is qualified, leading to more bad news here: The figure was at 38 percent last November.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

no she isn't qualified yes she should run

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

who cares where she was born, thats just a compleate and utter stupidity of an issue. Whats important is a) compatance and b) what policies she has. Why do you think you get such crappy leaders? because your all to intrested in the fluff rather than the substance.

Why would tony abbott be such a bad leader? because of his massive ears which could suffercate the speaker of the house by acident? NO, its because his policies fit the 5th century rather than a moden Australia

11. superstring01 Moderator

Mod Note: The thread title is "Is Sarah Palin qulified to be POTUS?", then your survey asks if she should run. Two very different questions.

As to the first: Legally, yes. Realistically, not really.
    As to the second: No. I would not ever, EVER vote for her. . . well, maybe if she ran against Cynthia McKinney.

~String

12. superstring01 Moderator

Once again, Asguard, you're positing your opinion as fact. You feel that American leaders are bad. . . and then state it as fact. American leaders are no worse than any of them from down under. The only realistic difference is their ability to project themselves. Were our roles reversed, and Oz were the loan global superpower, we'd be listening to stupid posts about how horrible Australian leaders are.

~String

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actually that reminds me of something from facebook.

http://theora.com/images/potato.jpg
    Will this potato get more fans than Port Adelaide had surporters at there games last year?

You guys could run a "are you more likly to vote for Sarah Palin or this potato?" campain

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I didn't see any birth certificate...long form.

And she has been seen using crib notes and teleprompters. So does that disqualify her from being POTUS?

15. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

after W, everybody is qualified...

16. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Article Two Section 1(5) of the Constitution sets the qualifications required to become president.

Presidents must be: natural-born citizens of the United States at least thirty-five years old must have been resident in the United States for at least fourteen years

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is she qualified for irrational military adventures around the world? Sinking the ship that is US hegemony?

Sure, why not? What could she do that others before her haven't done?

Not only is she qualified, she will probably win.

No one represents America better than she does

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Is she qualified to run?

Will I vote for her?

This is the man, folks:

19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

While Ron Paul is a man I respect, he is definately not as hot a Palin.

20. jmpet Valued Senior Member

She should most definetly run for Republican President in 2012. I would love to see a rerun of the rout of the 2008 election. Humble pie, folks...

21. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

real presidential material

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The only qualification necessary is to be born in America, isn't it?

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

There are three general qualifications under the Consititution.

- Be a natural born citizen of the United States (born in the US)
    - Must be at least 35 years old
    - Must have been a permanent resident of the US for 14 years

These are the core qualifications to be POTUS. There are also term limitations that apply to the office and provisions that cover impeachment.

But individuals electing a POTUS will likely have other qualifications that a POTUS must meet before qualifying as presidential timber like foriegn policy knowledge and experience; experience managing a large organization; general knowledge, intelligence; speaking ability, etc.