Sarah Palin uses crib notes to answer questions at Tea Party event.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Feb 7, 2010.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Joe, seriously, you find the most ridiculous things to use to insult the right. It's actually pathetic.

You're smarter than that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

why isn't it ok to use notes and a teleprompter? :shrug: You're correct, throwing a fit about someone using notes or a teleprompter is very high school

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sandy Banned Banned

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

So bottom line, we are replacing telepromters with crib notes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. superstring01 Moderator

Who is we? And are we really bickering about a politician using notes and prompters? And whoever is, is an idiot. People use notes, prompters, queue cards all the time, especially when speaking in front of audiences and especially when staying on topic is important. It's the substance of the message that really matters.

~String

10. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I have yet to here of someone who doesn't use some form of aid when speaking in public.

12. jlocke Registered Senior Member

How is that ridiculous, Palin seriously believes she can lead the United States and she has to resort to writing her main points on the palm of her hand? She IS ridiculous.

13. otheadp Banned Banned

Here here.

Come on people... and I thought the whole idea of her being stupid has been laid to rest already? Now the left's talking point is not that she's stupid, but that she's an extremist OR SOMETHING.

Come on Joe, get with the program.

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

He isn't mocking her for using aids. he is mocking her for her hypocrisy

15. sandy Banned Banned

Palin is hot, smart, and funny. This makes some of the opposition cringe.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

smart??? ahh come on she's and dumb as post. she not smart and she's not well educated.

17. sandy Banned Banned

Of course she's dumb, not smart, and not well-educated. You keep believing that and tell all your liberal friends, too, ok?

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Agreed, but it is funny and I think needs to be pointed out that those attacking Obama for using teleprompters use crib notes instead.

The whole notion of attacking someone for using teleprompters is just crazy, but those on the right have been successfully doing so for a very long time.

Instead of using a crude crib note why doesn't Palin use a teleprompter. Oh that is right, she and others on the right have been demonizing Obama for the last year for using a teleprompter.

We now have something similar to the teleprompter issue; the treatment of the crotch bomber...accusing Obama and company for being weak on terrorism and when conservatives were in power they treated terrorists (e.g. shoe bomber) the very same way giving him the Miranda Rights.

So this goes to hypocrisy. What you guys are saying is when the other guy does it, it is wrong. When we do it is just down right patriotic. I think it is time for you people to see what you are doing.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

well technically she isn't dumb that just means the same thing as mute. but really can you listen to your speak and say she is intelligent and educated? she fucking moron who the very idea off being any where near power scares the fuck out of most americans. She was one of the biggest reasons why republicans voted for obama in 08.
    its not a belief she is demonstrable stupid and ignorant and proud of both.
    and my conservative friends and family who feel the same way? I don't insilate politically. so long someone is smart i'll count them as a friend.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Palin is definately hot. Funny, I don't see her as funny. She is very good at leading the base of the Republican Party. In her interview with Fox News she sounded much more knowledgable than in the presidential campaign...much more informed on the issues. I understand that she is getting a daily breifing from unidentified people in Washington, DC.

I think if she wanted the presidential nomination in 2012 she could definately get it. Now wither she could win the presidential election, I kind of doubt it. But george II won, so anything is possible.

The next question would be could she govern effectively? It seems she relies greatly on her husband if her governership of Alaska is an example. I think other international leaders will get the same impression a lot of Americans have of her, that she is an intellectual light weight (regardless of her actual intellectual capabilities). And that may pose some problems with China and Russia as well as a few Arab states. But she does seem to improving in this area...even by her own admission.

Will she be able to inspire confidence in Americans? It is an open question. But if she wants to lead all Americans she is going to have to lay off the red meat she typically lays out for her audiences. Because there is 66 percent of the population that does not buy the red meat stuff. Time will tell how far and what will be the tale of Sarah Palin.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes it does, she is smart enough to get people to donate to her PAC, and then she uses the money to buy her own books!

22. superstring01 Moderator

You might have a point. But in attacking "them" you may be inadvertently hitting others in the cross-fire.

I'm no Palin fan. In fact, I hate her. Her conservatism doesn't bother me, there's plenty of conservative messages I love. It's her spinelessness, her quitter-ness, her total lack of accomplishment, her inability to tell McCain, "hey, I'm not ready yet. . . maybe in 4-8 years"-ness. She's the ultimate charlatan and, well, like all good charlatans she's doing a great job marketing herself.

~String

23. kmguru Staff Member

If Palin is what the Republicans offer...if a Republican gets elected as POTUS in 2012, this country will definitely be in the great depression from may be!