did cbs use double standards to allow the tim tebow ad to run

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pjdude1219, Feb 5, 2010.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

did cbs use double standards to allow the tim tebow ad to run during the superbowl. in the past the have refused any politcal ads for being to contriversal but now they allow tim tebow to come about and say woman shouldn't control their own bodies. its disgraceful. No one wants to be preached to during the super bowl least of all by tim tebow.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Complete horsepucky

And yet they turned down an advertisement for a dating website because it shows two men kissing:

CBS released the following statement: "After reviewing the ad - which is entirely commercial in nature - our Standards and Practices department decided not to accept this particular spot. As always, we are open to working with the client on alternative submissions."

(CBS)

Of course they used a double-standard. If they're worried about awkward, try explaining an abortion to a child. Miscarriages are difficult enough.

Notes:

CBS. "Gay Dating Ad Sacked before Super Bowl". January 29, 2010. CBSNews.com. February 5, 2010. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/29/national/main6154905.shtml

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

for me its a double standard to get an ad that has no business running during the super bowl top run during the super bowl. Not to mention no one out side of the university of florida fan base likes tim tebow.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Is there a link to the commercial? Or a transcript?

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

pj doesn't do links.

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

But, if it were a pro-choice commercial, it'd be fine by you and wouldn't be preaching.

Please....you're ridiculous.

By the way, I'm ardently pro-abortion, but I'm simply throwing that out there.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Just wait till you have a couple of kids, then get back to me.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

What do you mean?

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Something that you can olny know when you look into the eyes of your new born child.

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Have a chuckle

Meanwhile, a "moderately amusing" commentary.

Oh, just click the damn link.

14. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Gloria Allred raised some very interesting questions about this alleged incident. During the time she was allegedly told by the doctors to have an abortion, it was against the law to have an abortion in the Philippines, under any circumstance. So I highly doubt the Doctors advised her to do something that's against their laws.

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

A fetus isn't a child.

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Tell me that after you look into the eyes of your child just after it is born.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

my problem with the commercial isn't its topic. its that its running during the super bowl and other political ads were denied.

18. noodler Banned Banned

To make it fair, you should look into the eyes of a fetus after it has been miscarried or aborted.

To see if looking at a dead fetus is anything like looking at a child, I mean. This shouldn't be a big deal, for anyone from a rural community where cows, sheep and so on abort spontaneously at times.

I mean, we kill and eat calves and lambs, in a very efficient way, so the city folks can uplift nicely packaged meat cuts, without having to get covered in blood and shit, and stuff.
    So it's a bit precious to claim abortion is murder, when you buy packaged meat so you don't have to get your hands dirty. Imagine pro-life groups protesting outside abbatoirs and freezing works about all the murders being committed.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

So you eat your dead featus? You are a canabal?

Yes, look into the eyes of a aborted 6 month old fetus, and you see the eyes of a child, look a little wider and you will see the face of a child.

http://www.medicinenet.com/fetal_development_pictures_slideshow/article.htm

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert Title Here)

Well, the biggest controversy comes because they're running this one and rejected a non-political advertisement. Thematically, it appears they are pursuing a political agenda.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Its not a child its still doesn't have a mind. also this thread isn't about weather abortion is right or not but about weather the super bowl is the appropriate forum for it and weather or not forcing only the message that a woman shouldn't control her own body is right; other ads that counter this own weren't allowed.

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

CBS is a private entity, it can accept or deny any ads it wants, and can run them.

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

the air waves are public proprety