So Obama can't talk without a TelePrompTer?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ganymede, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Did anyone just watch Obama's open forum at the house GOP conference in Baltimore? Never have I seen a politician so skillfully address and debunk so many policy positions and adversarial talking points. I believe his performance will quietly put to rest any notion that he can't concisely articulate his agenda minus any technological crutches.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's just that any mistakes he would make during his ordinary speeches would be used politically. It's a fairly standard procedure, I don't know what anyone would complain about it. We all know Bush was a laughingstock when he attempted to speak off the cuff.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptySky Banned Banned

It's a common form of liberal racism for whites to refer to blacks as 'articulate'.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

It's a common form of conservative racism to hate Blacks in general. That would explain their fascination with the confederate flag and delusions of succeeding from the Union.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY04gIruZ4E

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Black "looters", White "finders"

9. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Bush was a laughingstock eve when he was reading from teleprompters. Public speaking is not his strong point, but its okay he was like the funniest person that was president since I've been alive.

10. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Ha Ha, apparently Faux News cut off the debate 20 minutes prior to it ending. Apparently the fair and balanced network couldn't tolerate Obama taking their party of choice to the woodshed.

11. navigator Registered Senior Member

I guess the hopium affects everybody differently.

Its going to take some time to rebuild the trust of many independants he lost since the election. Right now, people generally are skeptical about what he says, regardless of the eloquent delivery...been there done that.

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Hitler spoke infinitely more elegantly and more skillfully than Obama could ever dream of speaking.

13. navigator Registered Senior Member

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...

Is this the proverbial woodshed your speaking of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEMq1lPr440&feature=player_embedded

He starts out by saying that the truth of the matter is an overwhelmingly majority of the process on the health care debate was covered on CSPAN.:bugeye:

Then goes on to accept responsibility for the critisism for not showing the debate on CSPAN.:bugeye::bugeye:

14. superstring01 Moderator

So, I watched the meeting and I really enjoyed it. Big question: is this type of meeting beetween a sitting president and an opposing party normal? 'Cause I've never seen it before. Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Either way, I found it very interesting.

~String

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

This not the first meeting Obama has had with the Republican Caucus. He did it early last year in order to get the stimulus package through congress. But the meetings were not televised.

I enjoyed it as well. I thought Obama handled himself well. He called them flat out on the lies they have been spreading...good for him and the nation. I seriously doubt Republicans will be willing to have another media covered session with the President any time soon. I would love to know how this is going over with limbaugh and company.

The bottom line of Obama's message was they are going to have to start putting the interests of the nation above political interests. When our sons and daughters are dying if foriegn lands, it is the least these clowns can do in my humble opinion. They need to worry less about getting reelected and more about doing what is right for the nation and those they are supposed to serve.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

If you paid attention, he qualified his statement by clarifiying what he meant. At the begining of the process with all of the committee meetings which were public and aired. Then he went on to say that some of the subsequent meetings were not aired and he took responsiblity for same.

But this whole issue is a nit.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

um its was being used as a verb and not an adjective

18. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

W.J. Clinton was pretty funny. Stare at these for a while/have a laugh.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. superstring01 Moderator

I did enjoy how he would stop and point out exactly how some of them were creating sound-bites for their re-election campaign and not actually asking questions.

I also loved how some republicans actually asked him real questions, expressed real disappointment and Obama had to take the blame for certain failures.

I don't want a "Prime Minister's Questions" sort of thing in the USA. Our separation of powers seems to forbid that. But I do think that the president, any president, should spend a few hours every month or so, going to the "other side" to face the music and to set the record straight.

Biggest thing seemed to be: Pelosi's martinette-like personality when it comes to negotiations. That came up at least ten times. She and Josh Bolton (the worst international diplomat in modern history) seem to have been cut from the same cloth.

~String

20. sandy Banned Banned

Obama can't speak intelligently without a teleprompter. He had at least a dozen on his European trip. W seldom used one. He was real, genuine, sincere, and not an arrogant elitist like Obama. Bush is my alltime favorite POTUS. I LOVE him!

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

he also spoke from a piece of paper

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

ok so Obama who came from no where is an arrogant elitist but Bush who was a spoiled brat from a rich new england family wasn't?

W almost always used a telepromter mainly because he sounded like a bufoon when he didn't.

23. Pinwheel Banned Banned