Is this Watergate II? Fox Acorn hero arrested.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 27, 2010.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Many of us remember the original Watergate episode when Republican operatives broke into the Democratic Party headquarters in order to place wire taps.

We now appear to have a similar case. James O'Keefe the guy who posed as a pimp and brought down Acorn...a Fox and Republican hero, has been arrested with others and accused of wiretaping a Senate Democrat's phone lines.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35083861/ns/politics-more_politics/

"Man who exposed ACORN accused of seeking to wiretap Landrieu’s phones"

Where will this lead? Are there higher ups sponsoring or funding this illegal activity? It promises to be a very interesting story. I watched Fox this evening and notice it was not reported. I thought Republicans learned their lessons in Watergate I, apparently not.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Hopefully they do learn their lessons, and hopefully the even more immoral Democrats learn a greater lesson.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Oh, the illegal entry into the office of a Democrat by a Republican agents is not similar to Watergate?

We know O'Keefe is well regarded in Republican circles. But we do not know yet if this plot extends beyond O'Keefe to higher levels in Republican circles. As I said it certianly brings up memories of Watergate I. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming weeks.

More Republican dirty tricks.

8. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I doubt the Republicans are involved in any way. This looks like the kid was just after another "scoop" like he did with ACORN. Bad judgment.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Perhaps, but the guy needs to know that real journalists do not violate the law in order to get information. They don't wire tap or film illegally.

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well it appears many of O'Keefe's traditional backers are now denying that they are involved in the scheme. I guess time may tell. These guys, if conviced, are facing some serious jail time - assuming they get a fair and impartial judge.

http://americasright.com/?p=2861

http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/26/james-okeefe-arrested-in-new-orleans/

Last time O'Keefe and company got in trouble with the law, Fox and Company were raising money for the lad. Fox is one of O'Keefe's backers who has yet to deny involvment in this affair.

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Wire tapping is over the line, but secretly filming and/or recording conversations is pretty common among investigative journalists despite being illegal in most cases.

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I am not a journalist, but I would agree with you the wire tapping of government telephone lines or private telephone lines should not in any way be tolerated.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He wasn't a journalist.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The question is why did he choose Landrieu’s phone? Was he just fishing? Was she targeted because she is running for reelection?

Did he have any specific information he was after? Was this part of a larger plan to tap the phones of more senators? Was he funded by a third party? If so, who funded him for this endeavor? A lot of questions, not many answers at this point. But in any case he should have checked with Gordon Liddy first

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I find this whole thing while troubling a little funny too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Pasta Registered Senior Member

Fox, along with CNN, and the other networks have been covering this since it came out. Perhaps you weren't watching Fox when they showed it.

This kid just seems like a cocky kid who went overboard in his investigations.

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The day this broke and since, I have not seen it mentioned once on Fox. You can only find it on Fox web site. You are free to cite when it was run on air by Fox (date, times, etc).

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It appears to be connected in some way to the district attorney's seat. We haven't heard the last of this scandal.

19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Maybe this kid is pretty smart. Do a few years in prison and then come back as a conservative martyr like Gordon Liddy and get your own talk show and make millions on the conservative/Republican speaking circuts.

20. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Murder is pretty common too, and Illegal. Just because something is common doesn't make it right, or justifiable in any way.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yeah just a few years of ass poundings in prison showers for money!

22. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Lucky for him he'll never serve time with the general population.

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Why?