What happens to a country intent on doing the things that will cause its destruction?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The United States today is faced with a monumental crisis. It appears that it is no longer able to effectively govern itself. When government can no longer act in the best interests of its people, it will crumble into oblivion...such may now be the case with the government of The United States.

It is a sad state, but I am about to rollup business and retreat to that cabin in the woods, depending on the course of events this coming week. If the mob forces of the right are successful in preventing Bernanake from serving another term with the Fed.

It seems like the US does not want to learn from history. And it seems people are intent on doing a Great Depression II. So be it. Let them live with it. I am executing sale orders on all equities today.

Now that should say something, as I have been a bull for the last year and a half...during some of the worst times in our economic history. Unfortuantely, times are not getting better, not because Obama is wrong. But because he does not appear to have the ability to lead the country in the right direction. The mob forces of the right appear to be too strong.

Unfortunately, I think it maybe time to pull back and let the country self destruct.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Your snotwuh says Honor, Courage and Commitment and yet you seem willing to let your country go down without a fight. Why?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

That is what I am doing. But at the same time, I am preparing for the aftermath of that destruction. Sometimes that is the best way. It is like when you drive on an icy road, once you start slipping, all you can do is pray...

I think we have passed the tipping point.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I have been fighting SAM and will continue to do so. But that does not mean placing myself in front of the steam roller.

8. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Save your energy Joe, there is nothing that can be done for the Union, the momentum is too strong and it won't be overturned. To overturn it would take millions of people working towards the same end and those numbers are simply not there. Don't move to the woods move to canada

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I mean you already know what happens to a country intent on doing things that will cause its destruction. IT SELF-DESTRUCTS!

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I agree, Joe. The best bet is to stop this safety net and let people suffer the consequences of their actions or inactions; the more government is getting involved and expanding, the worse off the people are. So the solution is to "let be", and see what people do. If they fail, then the country will fail; and if they innovate and work together freely and voluntarily and privately, then the country will succeed.

10. kmguru Staff Member

Innovation? Are you kidding? People in power do not know the meaning of innovation.

I am associated with a company that has a robust plan to provide 10,000 direct jobs and 60,000 indirect jobs to a specific area of the country at the request of a Congress Representative. But, 6 months passed and the Congressman just putting it off to support the project. I joked that does he want some cash in his freezer?

People in power do not get it.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Which is exactly why they ought not to get involved in our lives, both economically and personally.

12. kmguru Staff Member

I agree. But because of that, no smart person want to be in charge of the country.

13. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Hasnt pretty much every empire/civilisation in history eventually fallen aside, or become a shadow of its former self? Whats different now.

14. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

We've just stepped back from the precipice of a massive expansion of the government at a time when we can ill afford it. I"m feeling somewhat optimistic for the first time in a year. We still have a shitload of problems, but I think we're at least not going to exponentially worsen our problems thru any new government programs. Furthermore, the American people are waking up

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You mean like the Department of Homeland Security, and the Office of Faith Based Initiatives? The Cons passed tax cuts we couldn't afford, and lost at least a trillion in Iraq, at the same time neglecting to regulate Wall Street or the credit card industry. The American people are unhappy that the change they voted for isn't happening fast enough. The Conservatives are using the anger against the effects of their own policies to help them gain popularity. That kind of stupidity will only be rewarded with continued misfortune and calamity.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

joepistole,

Don't do anything too rash!

It's just as likely we don't have a depression. Maybe just a prolonged recession like Japan. As a matter of fact, that's sort of what I think is going to happen. But, IMO a depression isn't all that bad. While, no one really knows what's going to happen, it may be the only way we can learn this lesson?

Anyway, it's just as likely we don't have a Depression or at least not until the babyboomers start retiring. Who knows, a virus could come along in the next 3 years and change the game? Anything is possible...

That aside, I really don't even know what conservatives want? What is it they want exactly? Is it even possible to give them what they want or is it just bitching to bitch?

17. kmguru Staff Member

it is just bitching to bitch, because they have no clue. The world has moved on to Eastern Hemispheric centric...

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

It should be an interesting time in the history of the USA anyway. Not a time to pack it up and move to the woods - just yet!!! Although I don't think I would want to live in a city like LA right now either! Also, pack up some supplies just in case shit really does hit the fan. We all saw New Orleans implode.

19. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

What's wrong with LA?

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Empires rise and empires fall, get over it.

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You cannot get out of the city easily if society self destructs.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In that case carry on. When you get to that cabin pick up a copy of Sara Diamonds book on the Christian Right [Spiritual warfare: the politics of the Christian right]

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Oh god has it been a month already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.