Scott Brown (R) Wins Senate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Norsefire, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Sorry, I just don't see it getting through their heads. But their is always hope.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Just what the country needs the country beholden now to a party that's made its goal to prevent anything they are against from happening no matter how much it hurts the country. Which it will.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

The guy who wants to kill all the gays and has yet to understand a damn thing he exposes is going to talk about the 21st century and logic. this is laughable. they lost because they did not because they didn't.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Of course they want to prevent stupidity from passing.

Excuse me, when the hell did I say I wanted to kill gays? And don't go dig up a post from years ago.

I strongly support gay marriage, if you must know. So please quit with the generalizations.

9. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What are you talking about? The poll's show that the people didn't want Universal Healthcare. The people decide the fate of the country not the government. Or at least that's how it should be.

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I have to disagree here. It's a naive notion to say that "the people are the government", and even more a naive idea to say that the people should be the government. The educated, elite, intelligent people should be the government, not just anybody.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Of course this is bad news, but I don't see what it has to do with logic. Mass did pass it's own version of a health care bill, meaning that's what the people want.

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, it means thats what some people want. You seem to ascribe it to "all the people", but that's plainly not the case with all the protests going on.

And it's bad news? I thought progress was good.

13. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

You're right on that account, but are gov was set up so that consensus rules. Yes only intelligent people should be in office, but they must bow to the wishes of the people.

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

The 21st century and logic 2 things norse isn't well aquainted with.
    Well know after months of lies and even some poll's sttill sjhow support. hell support for medicare for all still runs in the 60-80% range that's wanting universal healthcare.
    and the stupid have made their choice and we will see all we have worked for become ash and ruin.

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Yes, I am. More than you, at least.
    You mean the one they made in November '08? Geez, that's a long time ago, man.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

17. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

That's true, but isn't that one of the flaws of democracy? Pretty lights instead of logic.

Cool. Maybe in Nazi Germany, most people wanted to kill Jews. I dunno; maybe. If so, so what?

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

which is why you want to get rid of jsut about every gain the labour movement has made in the past 150 years and don't understand the philsophies you espouse let alone defend them in a logical manner. sorry norse but wahh that's wrong and evil and i don't like it doesn't consitute a logical argument.
    just because they made a decent choice doesn't change the fact the american electorate is fucking stupid.

19. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Yes, Coakley sucked. But that shouldn't have and wouldn't have mattered in a normal year. It was only public disgust at the Democrats that gave Brown a fighting chance. It was Browns superiority as a candidate that put him over the top, but he'd have never even had a chance if not for the current national political climate.

As to a federal health bill, sure people would like that. So would I. Just not the one currently being debated.

20. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I want freedom, and autonomy; why is that so illogical? What's so illogical about people working together voluntarily?

The only flaw in that philosophy is the fact that people are stupid, but that isn't my fault, is it?

I absolutely agree, but if it were up to me we wouldn't have democracy anyway, so don't blame me.

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Norse, it's true democracy sucks, but so does every other system of government. The virtue of Democracy is, as Lincold said
    “You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time.”
    Eventually, the truth wins out. We can correct our mistakes, without bloodshed. It's much harder to replace a dictator.

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

But much easier for a dictator to get people to agree with him. So long term, democracy will be more unstable, because more absolutist systems can create social cohesion through proper education.

Though, let's get back to Brown. So, you happy he won?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's my feeling that the public disgust has as much to do with not getting a bill that can be passed, done. And the only reason that is difficult is because Republicans are almost completely obstructionist about it.