Palin hired by Fox News

Discussion in 'Politics' started by James R, Jan 12, 2010.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The Age, January 12, 2010

Link

Former Alaska governor and Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin has struck a "multi-year deal" with Fox News to serve as a political commentator and part-time host, the television channel said.

Palin, 45, "will provide political commentary and analysis" for Fox News's political and business news programs and will host "periodic episodes of FNC's Real American Stories, a series exploring inspirational real-life tales," a company statement said.

Palin joins a stable of conservative pundits at the channel, which has often been fiercely critical of Barack Obama's presidency.

"I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at FOX News. It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news," Ms Palin said in the Fox News statement.

The statement made no mention of Palin's salary.

A polarising figure who generates a media frenzy with her every interview, Ms Palin enjoys fervent support among Republican activists.

In mid-November she dropped a hint that she might seek to run for the White House in 2012 as champion of America's Republican right.​

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Her delivery is still fresh. She will get good ratings. I think it will be a good business decision for both Palin and Fox. She will be quitting to run for president by 2011.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I liked the comment about "fair and balanced news". Nice irony.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So she gave up an actual office in order to comment on people in office? I thought greed and vanity were sins.

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Great. Does anyone need anymore proof that Fox is anything but fair and balanced ?
    I actually surprised it took this long.

9. otheadp Banned Banned

Why are you whining about "fair and balanced"?

It's no secret she's on the right, and she won't be reading the news - she'll be a commentator OBVIOUSLY commenting from the right's perspective. They do bring leftists on their show too. Even some of their hosts are leftists (e.g. Geraldo Riviera).

Calm down.

10. Try Again No, I'm not a mod. Registered Senior Member

I was going to say the same thing, Fox probably wants her to come to Fox news to make her more known, and for people to like her (it may do the opposite.) I support her though.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Why are you all defensive about the accusation that Fox isn't fair and balanced? It's no secret it's on the right and she'll obviously be commenting from the right's perspective.

Yes, I'm sure that occasionally Fox gets a left-winger on.

Calm down.

12. otheadp Banned Banned

I'm not saying that they are or aren't "fair and balanced." Her being hired to be a Fox commentator being touted as "PROOF!!!11!" or "yet another proof" that Fox is not fair and balanced is what's hilarious.

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Palin is, wherever she is brought in - including McCain's campaign - proof of an utterly corrupt cynicism, a complete lack of respect for the audience, the role, and the real world itself.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Geraldo Riviera a leftist??? Only in the minds of the fanatical right would Riviera be considered a leftist. He is hispanic and is a little left on Mexican immigration issues only.

If you should find a "liberal" on Fox, they efffectively neuter them by talking over them so the liberal never gets to speak. An Fox likes getting the most inarticulate "liberals" they can find. It is unbelivable some of the "liberal" they have on their shows to represent the other side.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think it is a smart move for Palin. It may help her get a better understanding of the world. She may learn why there is a North and South Korea along with a few other details that might be helpful in her bid for the presidency in a few years.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I didn't make any such claim. You only have to watch Fox news and have half a brain (which most Fox watchers do, I'm sure) to see whether it is fair and balanced or not.

I have no need to prove that Fox is not fair and balanced. I take it as a given that it is not.

17. superstring01 Moderator

Is anyone even remotely surprised by this? Honestly? I think I called this a while back. Not to say, "I told you so. . ." But, well, I did.

I posted this earlier in another forum, but this is her best chance at doing something constructive with her life. She'll never be president. All she has is her soon-to-fade fame, which she has intelligently parlayed into a TV pundit career. At least from this--and what will undoubtedly be a slew of worthless publications and probably yet another conservative-rant radio show--is a lot of money, a slightly memorable career and a role as the maker of presidents.

~String

18. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

No news agency is fair, but that is simply my opinion.. Fox News definitely would be last in 'fair and balanced' if I were to rank them.

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

lol,just don't get between her chopper and them wolves...K-PLOW!

As a conservative wannabe, Palin isn't the best we can do and we need to do better.
    I hope the media becomes a cozy home for her talents.

20. navigator Registered Senior Member

Newsflash: Fox News hasn't presented any reason for those looking for left leaning views from left leaning media to watch any way.:shrug:

Fox news does have the most balanced viewership.

My take on it is it doesn't matter what fox news does, as long as it has monopolised the conservative viewpoint, while all the others try to find their nitch in the liberal progressive viewpoint, they will have high ratings.

If she is as dumb as the left makes her out to be, it will become more evident in front of the most balanced viewership

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

At least we will find out before she runs for the POTUS.

21. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Well, I think it shows respect for their audience. Fox news types love her.

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Selling shit to the gullible is not a sign of respect.

23. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Ok then, awareness of their audience. An accurate assessment of what they would like to see. It would be foolish of them to not hire her.