War is coming

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Omega133, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Most of us know a war may be coming in the near future. But the question is, which one? A second civil war could start due to the political differences/disagreements. World War 3 could start if The Fourth Reich* has a bad leader. Free Nations against Communists seems likely if North Korea decides to do something. Nuclear War is unlikely; Nations know that if they launch a nuke it will be game over for Earth. In your opinion which would be more likely to happen?

I haven't put holy war because it is happening.

*The Fourth Reich is what I refer to as another time of power for Germany. They are showing signs of recovery.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

a civil war in the US? are you kidding? americans in general are too fat, lazy, and stupid to wage a real war. you know, the kind where they actually have to suffer, and get out of their lazy boy chairs. the ones who are willing to fight can't think for themselves, which is why they join the service to begin with. and come home in body bags with nothing to show for it. the rich are too busy getting richer and finding ways to pamper themselves, the middle class are too busy procreating and paying taxes, and the poor still have enough money for bud light, pot, and cable tv. who in the hell do you think could wage a civil war?

the US is a sitting duck.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

No I am not kidding. This Healthcare thing is showing exactly how torn apart we are. Fat? In this country we have more people underweight than over. Lazy? Maybe but we can get up awfully fast when it's our lives at stake. Stupid? Not all Americans are stupid. Show me proof of that. So you are saying that the men and women who enlisted after 9/11 couldn't think? What about the men after Pearl Harbor? They did it for their country. What do you mean they have nothing to show for it. Our country was started in a war. Protected aginst the British Monarchs, Japanese Empire, Korean Communists, Nazi Dictators, and Radical Muslims who hate freedom of any kind. And as far as the U.S. being a sitting duck, who in there right mind would try to attack the U.S. full scale? I am not talking terrorists I'm talking nations. And if it weren't for those soldiers we'd be under a monarch being treated like crap, under an Empire of Imperialists, under the control of communists who would take away every liberty and freedom we have, or even radical terrorists who do not care about freedoms, especially those of women who they treat as second rate. We owe alot to our military, but you act as if they are a bunch of idiots. I don't know about you, but I love freedom.

Freedom isn't free.

And you aren't really staying on topic.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I choose door number 4:

Aliens invade our minds, turn us all into mindless, flesh-eating zombies, and we slowly consume ourselves into nonexistance...

wait...

has that already happened??? :runaway:

8. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Maybe.:shrug:

9. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I see a second US Civil War as unlikely. There have been political divides a'plenty since "The War of Northern Aggression" (LoL), and even the upheavals of the late 1960s were insufficient to sunder the Union again.

On the other hand, if there was to be a "second US revolution" which involved overthrowing the scum-suckers presently running the joint, I'm putting in my application for guillotine operator right here & now !

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I think the era of major conflicts between world powers might actually be over.

With all the spiffy toys in the arsenals of the world today, how long could a full-out war last before the numbers of hideously expansive weapons the major powers would be able to field would be so depleted as to make it impossible to continue ?

Besides, as the world economy continues to make for 'symbiotic relationships' among even such one time enemies as the US & Red China, I think the incentive to actually attack one another is significantly reduced.

As for a "4th Reich" - I'm dubious about the capacity of the "Aryan race" to respond to anything like the nazi sturm und drang any more - not to mention the fact that I think they like their position as economic juggernaut sufficiently not to feel the need to fritter away a fortune building a military force sufficient to conquer Europe again.

I think what we're likely to see in the future is more of what we are seeing now - "brushfire wars" involving minor powers, or semi-stateless bands of lunatics like Al-Qaeda attacking the "West" for ideological reasons, or even more "assymetrical" conflicts such as any nation engaged in nautical global cargo shipping vs. the Somali pirates.

10. kmguru Staff Member

If you believe History repeats itself and/or the cycle of life (Mayan kind) then it would be the Germans who may start it again between 2030 and 2050. By then, USA will be long gone as super power. The two major power would be China and Germany through EU Proxy.

11. John99 Banned Banned

only an imbecile believes that.

12. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

What aliens ?

There's nobody out there.

Or if they do show up, they're going to be like the Kanamits from that Twilight Zone Episode, and offer us all sorts of high tech goodies & whatnot in order to earn our trust & then end up wanting to eat us.

That, or they will just pepper the Earth with some sort of "plague bombs" designed to kill us off so that they can use Earth as a vacation spot without having to worry about our pesky asses milling about underfoot - or under "peditentacle", or whatever... ...unless of course their new favorite pastime becomes hunting us with their "zap guns"...

13. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

A second civil war is unlikely, yes. Impossible, no. What's so funny about The War Of Northern Aggression. I am a Civil War reenactor, and that is the what I prefer to call it. I think we need a revolution. The current government is too corrupt. The world powers thing is unlikely, but again not impossible. The fourth reich wouldn't be nazi, I don't think. As far as brushfire wars, I think you are right.

14. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Not true. Pearl Harbor=9/11.
    Granted the Japanese were a world power and Al Qaeda isn't, but what I mean is we were taken by suprise.

15. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

How do you know that they're gonna do that? Are you a "V"?

16. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Don't be tellin' me you're Sessesh, or I shall crush you with my Columbiads !

I might co-operate with the occupation forces if they'd let me try a nice thigh-steak or somethin'... ...just 'cos I've always wondered what it would be like, you understand.

17. John99 Banned Banned

and that makes it true that history repeats itself and the Mayan calendar is going to sell a lot of movies?

superstition. if i travel the same road every day doesnt mean i have to.

18. kmguru Staff Member

Only an imbecile ignores PETN carried by terrorists repeatedly on the plane...or that WWII happened by magic....

19. John99 Banned Banned

I dont think ww2 happened by magic. i think the op has been answered though.

20. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

REPLY: Religious war is upon us. Germany will be an ally of the USA if anything. I see no signs of a FOURTH REICH. ...TRAVELER

21. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

well first off lori, the entire world could try taking on the US and assuming thered be no nuclear war, would get their asses kicked, and that is a strategic fact.

second off, nobody could take the US because they just couldnt, its like an ant trying to fight off an elephant.

Third off, stereotyping is just plain old idiotic, its a way to throw mud at people that dont deserve it.

lori if any of what you said is true, why is it than the US is more powerful politically, economically, and militarily than anyone else?

Do not insult servicemen, just because they have the balls to go fight wars that the UN starts is not their problem. The fact is that most western nations other than Germany and Britain are cowards, and Im saying that factually, they vote to send armies to countries to "help" and when it comes down to it, the only ones in said countries are the Americans, and British, and sometimes Germans. And Im not saying that as an insult, every time there is a vote to send some number of soldiers to some G-d forsaken part of the world, it's always from the same countries. Id be perfectly fine if those countries that dont want to fight, dont get involved, but it's when they try to pass themselves off as a tought nation and say "we have your back" and they never show. I say if you aren't going to fight, than mind your own business. As much as I hate war, the fact is that if you have lets say a gang, and you want to fight another gang what ends up happening is that your friends declare a fight on a certain day, and when the day comes, the other gang has 30 people and only you and 3 of your friends from your 50 person gang has shown up.

You guys leave us out to dry! the fact is that you send us into G-d damn wars knowing we cant get out and you dont even have the respect to apologize and instead you insult us. G-d damn, the US should kick the UN's ass out of New York, you guys throw us into unwinnable wars, tell us to guard your peace keepers in corrupt countries and support you. And we give you guys 110% of our effort, and yet when the big day comes when we should all be united together, you guys chickened out and hung us to dry.

And you insult us for it, you insult us for putting our trust in you.

The korean war was a UN war, 90% of soldiers came from US, do not insult the servicemembers because they have the guts to do what you wont.

And if you want to try hurling the word stupid at us, than just look up nuclear power, electronics, the space program, just for starters. The fact of the matter is, it's one thing to not like a country, but to make up BS as a way to make your own country feel better about it's own shortcomings is a poor way to think about the world around you.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  22. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

The military doesn't get enough respect. Look at Vietnam for example. Over there keeping us safe from the communists, and the people called them all sorts of things. They didn't care it seemed. And the worse part, they didn't know why the soldiers were there and yet criticized them.

23. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

REPLY: Why is it OK to pump out this anti-German non-sense ? If you said the same about muslims, who are in fact doing all sorts of actual acts of aggressive violence against many, people would accuse you of racism and such. The Germans have done NOTHING since WWII . I am a half German American. That war ended 65 years ago. Get real. muslim aggression is what threatens the world, not the Germans. ...traveler