KFC ad labelled 'racist' by US commentators

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Scaramouche, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Scaramouche Registered Member

Sorry USA folks, but you're only a tiny fraction of the world. The rest of us don't have your hang-ups, nor do we want them. If you folks have a problem with the idea of black people eating fried chicken, big fucking deal; it has nothing to do with the rest of the world.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Perhaps a small part, but definitely the best part!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Is this another "Hate America" thread? I thought SAM had been banned for a while?

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

you dont have the same hang ups?
    would this be the country where this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV6QzcdT_cA happened?

if anyone can guess the decade in which the clip was filmed correctly i'll be giving out sweets

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Scaramouche Registered Member

No, it's a "Hate whining retards who think we should all have the same hang-ups" thread. I mean, they seem to want people outside that country to give a shit about a cultural problem they have within that country, something based on their own history of problems. Nothing to do with the rest of us.

8. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

And just who asked you?? It sure wasn't me - and I have no problems with anyone eating anything they want to. So why does it matter to anyone what YOU think????

9. Scaramouche Registered Member

The people who poked there nose in from around the planet to try telling Australians what they can and can't have in Australian advertisements.

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

WHAT people are you raving about? First I ever heard of any such thing.

11. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Thats probably just because some people love to critisice, but hate to be critisiced.

12. Scaramouche Registered Member

Or you could just watch the news now and then.

13. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Actually, I don't see anything racist about it. Unless...those who took part in the commercial felt offended at the prospect of eating fried chicken for a KFC commercial?

What is racist and what is not racist? Where do we draw the line? Will it soon be illegal to notice that someone has darker skin, or lighter skin? Is it racist to notice that someone is of a different ethnicity? Why is it considered as such?

So, white people can't paint their faces black to make a parody of the Jackson's because that's racist? Isn't it racist to presume that because those who made the parody were actually white, and just imitated the Jackson's who's skin colour happens to be brown/black? Isn't that racist, too? If anyone was being racist then it was those who complained about the ad because their complaint is based on the notion that because the winner in the ad was a white dude surrounded by blacks, and because he is white it MUST be racist.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  14. Alexander8 Registered Member

From the article:

African American's don't eat fried chicken?

It seems that the black community are torn between fighting against perceived racial stereotyping on the one hand and frustration that KFC aren't giving them all the chicken they promised on the other!

Hilarious.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so where are these US people complaining? On youtube? 12 yr olds can post on you tube and say they are from the US. Hell, you can!

16. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

10.2 million coupons? wtf?

controversy is a good marketing tool.

17. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Tell that to Tiger Woods

18. Bells Staff Member

It is ridiculous really..

Apparently it is not racist for KFC to be a sponsor of the rounds of cricket between Australia and the West Indies. This whole issue is an absolute joke. So any ad, that is in no way connected to the US, but features black people from other countries is also now racist because of how it might be perceived in the US?

Do African Americans support the West Indies in cricket and go to their matches all around the world and eat fried chicken while doing so?

The add had nothing to do with the US, its history or African Americans. Everyone eats fried chicken. I am surprised KFC is still allowed to remain open anywhere in the world. And god forbid if there is one open in Africa and they advertise using their country folk in the adds. The US would probably perceive that as being racist as well.

The irony is that most of those who took part in the parody were not white, but ranged from the Indian front man to those of Arabic descent.

19. krazedkat IQ of "Highly Gifted"-"Genius" Registered Senior Member

Fuck America! They're the opposing team! It's not to be racist! And it's not fucking aired in your country now is it!!?!?!?!

20. superstring01 Moderator

Never heard of the situation. Don't really care about the situation.

Even BETTER, is how brilliantly you attempt to make the US members of this forum somehow feel bad for what a pundit (or two) on this side of the pond think.

Know what? We (as in most of us, but who's counting?) probably don't care what the commentator thinks either! So, spare us your anti-American ad homs and get a clue.

~String

21. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

The racist outcry is making me racist.

22. superstring01 Moderator

Me too.

~String

23. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

The irony will never cease to amaze me. I guess..I can officially consider myself racist now, because I found the ad funny because it surely was an interesting approach how to appease your opponents' fans :m: