Voila! The solution to political turmoil

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Norsefire, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

We are so unnecessarily divided today in this country; yet, there is an easy solution.

Towns and cities for conservatives and right-wingers, and towns for liberals and left-wingers.

Voila! All problems solved, nobody being forced to bear a party they dislike in office, yadda yadda.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

The problem with it is that no one is going to be willing to leave where they consider home. And worse, no matter where the conservatives go, the liberals are going to want to be able to move in and try to push their ways onto everyone in "conservative town".

Nope, the only way is true and real Civil War. And I do mean a shooting civil war, too. Like they had for umpty-eleven years in Yugoslavia ...people killing people who live just across the street because they were "different". That's what it's going to come to in the USA.

Countries all over the world are having internal conflicts, with areas or people demanding independence from the others. Yugoslavia divided into god-knows how many different "countries" and they're still at each other's throats.

See why the liberals are trying so damned hard to get gun laws and gun restrictions passed into law??????? Yep, they're scared of civil war, too.

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

If only we had let the south secede.

or vis versa. Such as conservatives trying to get those godless liberals to stop killing babies and kill gays instead.

Yeah that why they took away your guns as soon as they took office, oh wait they have not even touch gun control!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, they've been trying for umpty-eleven years now! And they've been whittling away at our rights for years. Yep, civil war is coming soon.

Baron Max

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yeah that why the assault weapons ban expired years ago and the president has no intention of bringing it back.

9. Pinwheel Banned Banned

They tried this with religion, but then someone decideds God wants them to convert the rest.

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

That would be great.

Nonsense. I consider myself a fiscal conservative and I am neutral on the issue of homosexuality.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

How nice we agree!

Your going to have to come to understand that conservatives are more then libertarians like your self.

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Duh. That is the whole idea of the thread: you go your way, we go our way, and we live happily and in peace. We can maintain relations for military defense and such.

Huh?

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, except that's not what the damned liberals want ....they want to keep telling others what to do and how to do it. If people kept leaving their little corner of th world, they'd have no one left to order around except more liberals ...who seem to want to obey orders too willingly and ain't no fun.

No, the liberals would never let the conservatives secede ...they'd launch another civil war to stop it.

Baron Max

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm going to assume that you are not serious about this..

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Why not? It would sure cut down on the conflicts between the two groups, wouldn't it? Conservatives could govern their little corner of the country, and the liberals could give handouts to all of their citizens. What's not perfect about that?

Baron Max

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

We already have that its called Canada and the USA, So basically the upper east cost, west coast and some upper mid-west states, maybe Florida would secede to canada, or about ~25 states and certainly the majority of top GDP states with exception of Texas, if we take the last presidential elections 72% of Americas GDP would go to Canada, 28% would go to your Jesusland, with the 2004 elections we still get 52% of the GDP, add canada in or 9% GDP... I like it!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Where do you get the idea that it would cut down on the conflicts? If anything, they would become worse.
    And also, what about commuters?

Apart from the above, it is impractical, costly, and frankly just a stupid idea. Never going to happen.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

How could it be worse if there's no contact or no interconnections?

You stay on your side of the border, I'll stay on my side. Ain't no interaction unless you pass through the border checkpoint on specified, necessary business dealings (and you ain't carryin' no explosives in your underwear!).

Perhaps. But others don't seem to think that it would be such a bad idea. So why should people have to conform to your thinking on the issue?

Conflicts arise when there's interaction between people who don't see things in the same way. So if we isolate each one of those groups of people, then there'll be no interaction, which means there'll necessarily be less conflict, and then there'll be more peace and happiness.

Baron Max

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No contact? lol
    So people from different cities have no contact with each other now?
    By separating the people into groups their differences will be emphasized.

So it will be like forcing the creation of two separate bordering countries that are not particularly friendly towards each other. Marvelous.

You've never heard of wars then?

20. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately, they would then start fighting amongst themselves.

Besides, when you say conservative and right wing, they are not synonymous. I am fiscally conservative but socially liberal. Right wing doesn't mean fiscally conservative as we have found out.

Most of my good friends are fiscally conservative and socially liberal. So what group do we belong in ?

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Libertarian.

Unless you want to take back the republicans from the evangelicals and the pundits, good luck with that. See the old party dynamic was Dem: tax more - spend more and Rep: tax less - spend less, but that all changed forever with Reagan and the introduction of the neo-cons, the tax less - spend more illogic.

22. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Yes, unfortunately we no longer have any kind of ebb and flow of the spending, they are all completely addicted.

I am not opposed to spending per se, I am opposed to spending without paying it back. Which none of our leaders have the balls to do, it would be political suicide these days.

My main point to Norse was that eventually, even people who are of the same political persuasion, will find something else to fight about.

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I doubt it; they could always move if they wanted to go to the liberal area, or vice versa.

Thus they would live with people like them. It is better this way than having a divided country (like today) where people never stop complaining.