Animal Life - Should we give them their own land

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by darksidZz, Dec 25, 2009.

?

Answer

Poll closed Jan 4, 2010.
  1. Yes!

62.5%
  2. No way!

62.5%
  3. Confused

37.5%
  4. Other; Need more data

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I propose a massive project where-by we take a continent and move all the wild life there while paving the entire modern world. That way although we continue to industrialize we can save some of them on their own continent. We'll call it Animal Island and no people will live there only the animals, what say you?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Yes, but we still need farms to feed the population.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Doreen Valued Senior Member

I say that me and my group of friends are animals and we want passports.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. baftan ******* Valued Senior Member

I suggest let's find ways to isolate our human universe from the surface of earth altogether. Transferring our consciousness to virtual reality, establishing artificial environment in outer space, or any other method, I don't mind. So we can dedicate the entire planet to the wild life. Because if we constrain it to a single continent, we will definitely restrict the richness of the species. This isolation is not going to represent the wild life of this planet, this will only show that we can allocate greater zoo areas for our human perspective using animals and geography of nature.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I think that's the stupidest thing I ever heard! :bugeye:
    Animals need a particular habitat. For an extreme example, lets pick Africa as 'Animal Island' then move the Polar bear there.
    Your idea amounts to claiming the entire world for humanity, never mind the animals.

9. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I would not be opposed to humanity leaving earth , and turning the entire planet into a protected park where humans have minimal influence. Maybe earth could become a place where only a small population of ultra-wealthiest people live and offworlders can only vacation/visit/study/etc.

10. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

The animals would not all survive, but it's better than letting them all be killed as we continue to industrialize yea?

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Personally, I only care that they survive because I like steak. Otherwise, humanity needs to come first.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Oh.. so those are the only options huh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. jBot Registered Member

Well, besides the fact that certain species could probably wipe each other out if introduced, that some species are only adapted to a particular environment, or that competition among species would be so fierce that very few could survive, or that pollution from industrialized civilization would still end up having an impact on them...

It just wouldn't work. On the other hand, if there was to be such a continent, I vote Russia. It's huge, and has a very wide range of potential habitats and climates. It is very cold in the north and hot in the south. There are forests, deserts, tundra, jungles, and some of the purest drinking water in the world.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It still wouldn't work though!

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There's many problems with your idea. Many animals need many different types of habitats to live in and need different types of foods to eat as well. Also many animals do not get along well together and there would be problems happening everywhere. You can't separate all of the animals from each other because many of them fly. Your idea isn't worth the effort, better off we just get rid of all human life and let the rest of the animals rule, they do a better job than humans ever will.

16. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I don't know what to think, did the indians do a better job living than us? They didn't kill all life off yea? Maybe tribal based communities is better?

17. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Which continent ?

I say shove their butts onto Antarctica !

:mufc: