I hate people.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by visceral_instinct, Dec 23, 2009.

1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I know I shouldn't complain about trivial little evils. I could be dead on the floor from a brain hemorrhage, or out sleeping on cold concrete like that poor homeless guy I made friends with briefly...but fuck, I am in an evil mood, and I'ma rant anyway

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So I was off to get shopping today, and I walked past this car with a family inside, and one of their daughters had dropped her scarf out the car door, which was shut. It was a really nice silky blue scarf, and I figured that said kid would miss it, so I tapped on the window and said 'Excuse me, you lost a scarf'. The father made eye contact with me and gave me this unmistakably angry look like a father animal defending his cubs from a wolf. I held up one end of the scarf, indicating that one of them had lost it...more angry looks.

What the fuck? I was just trying to be helpful!

I swear, I will never again help anyone. Someone seizures to death in front of me, I will shrug my shoulders and crank the volume on my Discman and walk off. Someone gets attacked by a dog, I'll laugh and film it for Youtube. (Ok, I won't. Because I'm a stupid, idealistic little fucker and I like to do noble things. I'm just spewing emotional vitriol here).

I hate people.

Thanks for listening.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I would watch that youtube video. =p

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Remember that we're all human and no matter what anyone says, we have to be prejudiced. It's a simple matter of survival. No doubt, this guy judged you as some kind of punk. I don't know what you look like, but my guess is that if you looked and dressed like one of his daughters, he wouldn't have done that.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I understand that. I get that his gut reaction was probably 'Shit, she looks dangerous. I don't want her near my kids.' People should think about their prejudices, though. It frustrates me that people think that black leather => dangerous punk.

Most of the metalheads I know in real life are likeable, normal, approachable people who wouldn't do anything violent outside of a mosh pit.
    I have not, in fact, met even one who fits that 'dangerous punk' stereotype.

And then there are girls who dress "nicely"...and spend their days bullying other girls their age both in real life and online, and their weekends getting so drunk they do stupid antisocial things then vomit all over the place. Oh, and get pregnant aged 18 and cause their kids to have low birth weight from smoking so much. Yes, I'm talking about real people I know in life.

Yup, us leather-clad ones are the dangerous antisocial fucks.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So you dress like a member of a motorcycle gang and expect people to greet you like a girl scout? You are outfitted like a character in a Road Warrior movie. Normal decent people should rightfully be appalled by ornamentation historically relegated to cannibals, whores, and sailors.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Eh. People hate people, But we like to pretend otherwise.

11. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Oh lordy.

Grow some thicker skin, will ya? Of all the things to get upset about in this world, some jerk in a parking lot isn’t one of them.

Forget it and have a merry christmas.

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

VI, just ignore them and be yourself. For instance there was an old lady buying prawns at the supermarket when i went in today and she was asking the dumbass behind the counter if the prawns were ok to BBQ. Well they were cooked prawns she was looking at (hense the guy was an idiot) and so i said to her "if you want to BBQ them you need to buy green prawns, there over there". I knew full well she would either a) say thank you for helping her or b) bite my head off for interfearing. Both happen regually and randomly. This time i got the thank you. Basically i learned ages ago that you just be yourself and if people want to be pricks let them

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

See? That's why I carry a gun! If that had been me, I'd have just pulled out the gun and killed the bastard right there on the street!

Get a gun, VI, you'll feel much better when you're in such situations.

Baron Max

14. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Yeah...

Like if some shady looking character knocked on the door of my car, then I could perforate their spleen before they could bug me for a dollar to buy some "Thunder Ripple" or whatever...
    :mufc:

From now on, remember the lyric from the song Sonic Attack...

...Help no one...

You can help no one...

15. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Maybe he thought you said "excuse me, you make me barf?" :shrug:

16. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

how uplifting...

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Do you drive VI?

If you don't, then don't ever drive!

I just about got killed today when a tow truck driver tried to run me off the road, cause I gave him a dirty look.

18. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

He probably thought you were taking panhandling to a new level. Remember this guy is thinking he is already in hostile territory, a shopping mall and with kids no less.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Did he take it? I would have turned around and walked away, never giving him the scarf.
    Anyway, you don't hate people. Sure, most are miserable little fucks, but hate? Come on, you're better than that!

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What?! Hate is a perfectly good emotion that should be exercised more often in my opinion. One of the problems in modern society is that we're told, over and over, that we shouldn't hate others. So we keep it bottled up inside, hating and hating, until one day ......we grab a bunch of guns and go into a school or something, and shoot the fuck outta' people! See? We need to exercise that hate more often in simpler situations ...let off a little steam.

Baron Max

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Are you confusing hate with dislike? Can you define the term 'hate' for me?
    You can let off steam directed at a particular person without hating him/her.

Ahem..
    Your hatred apparently doesn't prevent you from acting out

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Just different points on the same measuring stick. The problem is that everyone uses a different measuring stick. Your "hate" might be someone else's "dislike" or perhaps "intense dislike". See?

Some people can, some can't. Or are you trying to lump everyone into the same measuring stick that YOU use? Osama bin Ladin let off a little steam when he had his men fly into the Twin Towers ...but he wasn't hating any of those people in the buildings! So does it make a difference?

Baron Max

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So the term isn't defined? Hmm..
    Keeping things bottled up inside causes hatred imo.
    Anyway, hatred is for the insane.