The Alaska Experiment

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mickmeister, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

My wife and I were watching the first two episodes of season 1 the other day and I could not believe what I saw on the show. The guide took the one of a mountain goat hunt. He was using a .338 rifle for the shot. As they were having to climb the mountain for a good shot, the guy was using the rifle as a trekking pole with the end of the barrel pointed up toward him and the bolt closed. The guide never even said a word to him either. Granted, the guy had already said that he had never fired a gun before this trip, but talk about gun "unsafety"! And they are broadcasting these practices on television?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Freaking actors. They always do weird things with guns on screen that no one would ever do in real life.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

You're right. You can definitely tell it's Hollywood, otherwise someone would have said something to him. I couldn't believe that experienced hunting guide wasn't scared with him being in front and the gun aimed at him at times.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so the gun was loaded?

8. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

That is unknown. I rather suspect that it was unloaded, but still, you always treat a gun as if it is loaded.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

agreed, but....tv has its own rules.

10. draqon Banned Banned

wait is that the show Man Vs. Wild? Cause there is this crazy guy who goes out in the wild with nothing but small bookpack and is supposed to survive the wilnderness of Alaska, is it?

11. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

No, but I think i know which one you are talking about. That guy is dead. One of the bears ate him.

12. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Sounds like fun to me!

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

No that's Timothy Treadwell "Nature warrior" - "grizzly man" I think it was called...