Best Xmas gift

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Dirty Dan, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Dirty Dan And knowing is half the battle Registered Senior Member

What was the greatest Xmas gift you ever got? I had some good ones but one sticks out in my mind every Christmas.

When I was 8 or so, I was into Masters of the Universe like crazy. One Xmas morning when I woke up, Santa brought me several figures with a vehicle and Castle Greyskull. My mom and dad set up the Castle with all the pieces, the vehicle I got and the figures all up in a scene. It was so cool. They did the same the year before with the Star Wars figures and snow fort from Empire Strikes Back.

Whart are some of your greatest gifts or just a wonderful Xmas memory?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. LostInThought7 Registered Senior Member

I don't remember any of my gifts that I've ever gotten for Christmas (except one, a violin). But I vividly remember my dad waking both my brother and I up, then making us wait in our rooms, to build up suspense, teasing us about how awesome all the gifts were...it was great. We'd get so excited, then go in there and tear the gifts up. Then we'd sit around for hours eating buttloads of pistachio nuts and candy canes and fruit and lifesavers.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

I buy AMAZING Christmas gifts. I look all year long, and then usually surprise myself with the "thing" that I've always wanted. Last year it was a new digital camera and a KitchenAid mixer.

Call it a talent, but I seem to get myself all the right gifts.

The year before that it was Lasik.

This year I got myself a new Gateway notebook (though, to be fair, my parents are paying for half) and a new Dyson vacuum.

For other people? Well, for starters, I refuse to give money or gift cards (exclusively, though in accompaniment to other gifts, it's acceptable). I only buy presents. I took my step-mom to see Wicked and I bought my dad a BluRay plaer for Christmas this year. For the boyfriend I bought a hodge-podge of things (Xbox carrying case, Xbox wireless controller, Xbox wireless headset, some video games, shirts, notebook carrying case, wireless mouse. . . etc.).

I drew the name of a good friend for the office "Secret Santa" thing. We were supposed to stick to a $50 limit, but I went hog wild. I got her one of those nail buffer kit thingies that those really good sales people in the mall sell for $25 (I have ZERO resistance to a strong salesman/woman with a melodious voice**), a Phantom Of The Opera mask (she just had a small cancer spot removed from her nose, and well, we have a crass friendship; she'll love it), Big Top Cupcake (she's obsessed with cupcakes), I baked a HUGE amount of cookies and will wrap them in a box with a big bag of Lindor Truffles, and $25 ebay gift certificate.

~String

**I once almost bought a watch in the mall that I could have gotten for less than half at my place of work. It's like the Siren Song. . . I have no resistance! God forbid I ever go to a bazaar in the Mideast.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

A simple question and yet a ridiculous lengthy answer!

8. superstring01 Moderator

You can always skip the posts that are just too gosh-darned long for you!

~String

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

From Santa I got a purple Schwinn Stingray bike with a flowered basket and tassles on the handlebars. It has little white stars all over it. I have no pictures of it, but I don't need any. I remember every last detail about that bike.

Santa gave me more than a bike, he gave me freedom!!!

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the best gift my mum and dad ever god us was dad built this play platform one year with a slide and swings and stuff. Years latter i found out that at the time dad was suffering RSI from his work (hes a computer programer) and wasnt actually surposed to be doing anything, even mowing the lawns at the time.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

BTW this is what PB is getting this year

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i think its a pritty good present

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

PB is a lesbian!?
    Lucky her. That's a gift I think my husband would like.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what she is wearing of course

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yeah, that is a nice necklace. Is it a butterfly?

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the corset for christ sake

though i do agree, it is a nice necklace