Friends With Benefits

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by jessiej920, Dec 19, 2009.

1. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I believe this is an urban myth that has been circulated simply so people have an excuse to fuck who they want when they want and not feel guilty about it.

Seriously.

Who the hell actually remains friends?? Is it just me?

Inevitably, something always goes wrong. One person always ends up having "feelings" or hurting the other person and then the 'friend' part just disappears as fast as your last one night stand.

I propose we lose the 'friend' part and just call it 'with benefits'.

Discuss whatever comes to your mind when reading this.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I had a friend with benefits after my divorce. It lasted for about a month. Then he decided he wanted us to move in together. I don't think he understood the concept at all!
    Not only did I lose a friend, I gained a creepy quasi-stalker.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

It's possibly the best thing ever. I've had a few of them and it worked out great.

One of them ended up getting a boyfriend though, so that was put to an end.

The other actually became my girlfriend for a brief time. But we broke up because my job puts a lot of physical distance between us. But I'm still on good terms with both of them.

I think you're largely right that sex usually turns into feelings and relationships. But not always. It doesn't for me. But I'm a guy.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. LostInThought7 Registered Senior Member

Nope, it's not an urban myth. I've usually have friends with benefits, and more often than not, nothing goes weird.

After my first love and I broke up, we remained absolutely great friends for years (and remain so to this day), and we still had sex on occasion. There were many others, but she was the longest.

Sometimes things do go a bit weird (feelings grow), but it's fairly rare, and usually just dropping the benefits part solves everything. And I'm pretty sure that in those cases, feelings didn't grow just because you were having sex with them, so...

But, can most people have friends with benefits? I don't know, probably not (average people seem to be very, very jealous, and equate love with sex). But it's not myth.

8. draqon Banned Banned

I have a "friend" with benefits ... but she refers to me as roommate, even though we do it everyday. Guess I am in a different niche, thou she understands me just fine.