Oh, good heavens

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tiassa, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Context, context, context. In the '80s ... yeah, I can see how this one didn't occur to anyone:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yeah, really. Click the image for the brief post at Slog.

Fun, fun. (And they looked like such a lovely couple.)

Notes:

Schmader, David. "The '80s Were a Strange, Strange Time". Slog. December 11, 2009. TheStranger.com. December 11, 2009. http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2009/12/11/the-80s-were-a-strange-strange-time

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

Hmmmm. I don't remember this part of the 80's, though, realistically, during the first half I was more worried about candy, toys and play time.

~String

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The glorious South?

I'm not sure this SCAT ever made it out of the South. Or, more likely, the banks were probably smart enough to call it something else.

Of course, Schmader also noted AYDS candies; remember those? (Funny thing is that I was explaining an old comedy routine about that to a friend just a few days ago. Kotter? Sather? I'm not sure who did the routine: "Why can't they call it something that sounds like a disease? Doritos? Or Goobers?")

One commenter, ShaneLeopard, noted,

That is hilarious. My mom worked for FVB for 20 years before they were bought out by another megabank. I would send this to her but then I would have to explain what scat is!

Ah ... context.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.