Published Concealed Carry Permits

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mickmeister, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

I do not understand what the big deal is about Newspapers publishing Concealed Carry Permit databases. The NRA, which I am a lifetime member of, is constantly bitching and opposing this. I appreciate them publishing it. I want others to know that I carry. I get the argument that criminals will target my home because they would see that we had guns. Most criminals are too stupid to think to look at a database before robbing, so that leaves the ones that do search and if they are intelligent enough to do that, then they would be intelligent enough to know to target homes that are defenseless.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Unless, of course, the criminals know you won't get to your gun before they do. They probably want to steal guns, to0.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

There will be a very small number that would thrive to the challenge, but most would just pass and go on to the next one.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Now they know, now you have told them what you think, and perhaps there's someone out there who wants to prove a point.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

In case of alien invasion, these are the people you should know.

9. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

We already are being invaded by illegal aliens

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Have they inspired your collection?

11. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Oh no, I just love guns in general

12. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

In my state, when you apply you can request that your name not be listed under certain circumstances. They list about twenty circumstances like current or past law enforcement, law enforcement related like probation and parole, certain military past and present, including yourself or spouse, etc.

I wouldn't want it known. Concealed means that you have a slight edge if you need it.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

wouldn't a thief stay away from a home that had guns??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

That's what I think too. If they are smart enough to think to look at the database first, then they would stay away from homes of gun owners and target non-gun owners because they would be relatively defenseless in most cases.

15. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Wouldn't thieves only target houses when no one is supposed to be home? So then it wouldn't matter who had a gun or didn't. At least that's what most thieves in my old neighborhood did. Guns don't start being flung around until someone gets in an argument.

16. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

We are kind of lucky because my wife and I have 5 vehicles, so there is always a vehicle in the driveway while we are gone making robbers not know if there is someone there or not.

This was funny, my neighbor across the street in my neighborhood, was robbed in the middle of the night. He was flaming gay and when they came in on he and his boyfriend, they heard them downstairs and hid under the bed. He said he told them to please not hurt them and to take whatever they wanted. ROTFLMAO!