My own morality question, just for fun.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by visceral_instinct, Nov 28, 2009.

1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Let's say that there is a natural disaster somewhere and you can save one of the following groups, but not both:

- A litter of very rare pure white wolverine cubs. They are the last litter of their kind due to being hunted to near extinction.

- A group of middle-class teenage girls, who just got kicked out of school for beating up the class nerd and putting a video clip of said assault on Youtube?

Who would you save...the wolverines because they are so rare, or the girls just because they're human? We know what Enmos would do

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

what about the rest of you?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

save the girls.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

the pups, for sure.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nesm Registered Senior Member

I'd like to think there's a good chance of the girls changing their ways in light of the ordeal. That maybe they could go on to do more good in the world than a few cubs could. Species go extinct - (lets shed a tear for brontosaurus) - all the time.

Our lazy-ass attitude is what got us to the point of having only a handful of cubs left - and now its time to act? To be moral crusaders for fuzzy little wolves? Too little too late.

Save the cheerleader, save the world.

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Not necessarily. People don't always become wiser due to going through some difficulty. I'm in southern Ireland and there were 3ft high floods EVERYWHERE a while back, and the water supply in some areas was down.

I saw a group of teenage boys actually opening the taps on water containers meant for people's usage if the water went really low, so the neighborhood wouldn't have any.

I know 3ft deep floods aren't exactly life threatening, but in light of people's difficulty, they should have known better.

They went extinct naturally, though. Humans hunted my hypothetical wolverines.

And? We shouldn't try and reverse that?

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

how would inbreeding a few pups save them from extinction?

10. draqon Banned Banned

humans are always a priority above all other species. I will def. save humans, even if they were murders/killers or bratty girls, no matter.

11. Nesm Registered Senior Member

We should...but don't you think we can save the girls, let these pups die, and then initiate the reversal of our ways?

12. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Depends. Are the girls hot? And just how grateful would they be?

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It worked for humans :shrug:

14. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Well, the group of 18 year old girls of course - they would probably be very, very grateful...

[Bolded to stave off the pedophile attacks...]

Seriously though, it would be tough. I think humanity would win out in the end, even if they were hardened criminals sentenced to death. But it would be a tough choice, hope I'm never faced with making it...

What about the possibility of saving one of the wolverines, or even a piece of one? (DNA, you know. Disgusting to many, I'm sure, but hey I'm trying to find some wiggle room here...)

15. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

And Cheetahs!

16. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Well...

As spiffy a ski cap, or maybe a nice fluffy pair of slippers as you could make out O' the fur on them leetle critters if there were enough of 'em - or maybe even a boffo, socko diorama type thing with them all taxidermied up... ...maybe wearing miniature Braveheart kilts and huddled up brandishing pint-sized versions of the long pikes they used in that movie to bust up the British cavalry charge - I'm thinking that no matter how nauseating a bunch of specimins these young gals were, somebody somewhere is going to make a big fuss over the fact that I'd saved 'em.

Their families, for instance... ...They might even be inclined to offer some sort of monetary renumeration for one's "selfless act of heroism".

No doubt the media would be all up in mah face asking me to regale the world with the riveting tale of precious youth saved from the gaping jaws of certain doom. Who knows what manner of talk shows I might end up appearing on, blathering humbly about how it was the least I could do, and like that there.

Jeez - there might even be a book deal or a "movie of the week" made outta the incident in there somewhere.

I might even get my hand shaken by *gasp* the Ossiah himself !

On the other hand - I save them albino ankle biters, and well... ...what if somebody found out I'd passed up a chance to rescue them kids ?

I might end up with some kinda civil suit filed against me by the families, or have some PO'd podunk county DA slap a criminal negligence charge on me.

Now - if they were, say, a gaggle of geese that laid golden eggs it might worth the risk...

I'm just sayyin'.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The girls, of course. The wolverines can blame evolution for singling out their demise.

Why? Doesn't evolution know what its doing?

All the people who try to artificially impose their delusional notions of conservation on species that cannot survive against stronger ones [like us], are they not interfering with the natural process that weeds out the the unfit?

18. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Well in Norwich it does.

19. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I would throw the hungry and scared wolverines at the girls and watch them all go down in a fiery blaze!

20. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Hmm, well I like endangered Wolverines...... but I also like legal teenage girls...... but which is better? Only one way to find out - FIGHT!!

21. draqon Banned Banned

I am betting on wolverines to do the job right.

22. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Hehe YEAH!!! Mayeb if the wolverines killed the nasty cunts I would save them!

23. draqon Banned Banned

you would save the cunts or the brats?

Save the day hero. take care of it.