Understanding psychological illnesses

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Anti-Flag, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

i dont think that anyone can fully understand mental illnesses..

I mean think about it... Everyone is different, am I right? So everyone handles things differently. some are extreamly unstable, some are great at hiding things...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. decons scrambled egg Registered Senior Member

If the news is true, i.e. she is depressed, being punished for trying not to be depressed, and the picture attached to the news says "The logo of social networking website 'Facebook' is displayed on a computer screen in London" while the story is about Canada, then there are definitely some facts missing.

I think it was William Styron saying, in Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness, that one can understand it only if one lives through it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

At least she can afford a lawyer.

8. Master Jordan Registered Senior Member

London, Ontario

come on, chap.

9. Ellie Banned Banned

10. decons scrambled egg Registered Senior Member

A ha! now we are getting somewhere! (Clouseau style)

Thanks for the info. I'm writing from Europe and I easily get confused.

11. mugaliens Registered Member

Simple. If she has a confirmed diagnosis, sue the snot out of Manulife for failing to pay.

Any competant psychologist/psychiatrist knows that depressed individuals can appear very normal when in the company of others.

Figuring in legal fees, additional psych evaluations, court costs, negative press (which kills future sales) Manulife stands to loose a LOT more by contesting this than by simply paying on the policy.

I would think going back to work, at least part time, might be an option. She may not be able to perform at her previous level, but some semblance of normalcy is healthy.

12. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

i tend to do alittle better around ppl too.. but its also just a front.. but dealing with people, most ppl tend to smile and be polite.. i am at my happiest when i have a job

13. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

if only i knew that smiling would mean i no longer suffered from depression, could have saved myself a lot of trouble.