What does a persons car say about them?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by joepistole, Nov 20, 2009.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It seems to me you can tell a lot about a person by the car they purchase and use. So my question is, what does a persons car tell you about the owner? What can you know of a person by looking at their car?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

It tells me what a jerk or bitch they are in most cases. It's not solely based only the car they are driving, but how they are driving it. Don't you usually find the ones in the flashy really expensive cars drive like assholes?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

The most accurate thing you can say about it is that someone, somewhere will make an assesment of their character/ personality based solely on the car they're driving.
    Which will usually be either largely wrong or simply a gross generalisation.

Edit: of course you could garner clues as to how much cash they had (or their credit rating) and what they happened like (or maybe what was available in their price range) at the time they bought it.
    I've had five different cars - not one duplicate, as to manufacturer or model.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

mine says i'm conscientious and frugal.

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

when i see a pimped out escalade i think..."i bet that guy's got some weed."

9. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I dunno... ...somebody gets behind the wheel of a pick up truck, so help me their IQ drops to friggin' semi-moron level.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I also love when you see some BIG ass pick up truck and this little guy jumps out of it.

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well... not to throw a monkey-rench in you'r "theory"... but my prevous vehicle was a pick-up truck which i drove for 24 years.!!!

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i knew a girl who had an extended cab, extended bed dodge ram pickup, with a matching carhart jacket. i would say all she needed was a shotgun rack in the rear window, but instead she had an akita that was trained to kill. and that goddamn dog bit me. thank god it was only teasing me, or i'd be without an arm right now.

rednecks. sheesh!

13. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

The car a man drives is reflective of the size of his penis. I've got a mini.

so I have to drive a reaally big car......

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

awww...anti-flag. you should get a performance car. :idea:

15. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I ride a 125cc scooter year round.
    My vehicle says I'm a smug weirdo with piles of resourcefulness that you will never truly appreciate

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

sweet. i have a 300 plus lb friend who rides one around with an antique german war helmet on. he also makes his own wine, owns a medium sized arsenal, is an artist, is a walking-talking encyclopedia.

i love that guy. *sigh*

17. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Oho !

and the lingering side effect... ...echoing down the long, dark decades of your pain... NOW YOU CAN NO LONGER SPELL !!!!!

18. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

cars have too many wheels - gimme a seat like a razorblade and 150 horsepower laid down on one big fat back tire anyday

19. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
    Well... not to throw a monkey-rench in you'r "theory"... but my prevous vehicle was a pick-up truck which i drove for 24 years.!!!

It wasnt a pane... like i said earlier... i enjoyed drivin that truck... an at the time i got it... it was considered "loaded"... power steerin... power brakes... automatic... air conditoned... an later on i added cruse control an a cassett player... i even had it repainted at 1 time.!!!

As far as the spellin goes... i didnt spell real good even befor i bout the truck... but ive always been smart... i know cause my iq was alredy 89 in the forth grade... an ive learned lots of stuff sinse then so its prolly near 100% by now.!!!

20. Ahem embrace simplicity Registered Senior Member

I would drive a Lexus if I could afford to.
    My car "says" I live within a budget. (2005 Honda Civic)

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

As a general principle, the flashier the car, the smaller the penis. You can guarantee that anybody who spends a fair portion of his income hotting up his car is a wanker.

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I used to work with a guy who drove a Lexus and we were members of the same country club. I just could not understand why he thought so much of that Lexus, to me it was just another Toyota with a nice price tag. I was thinking of him when I made the OP. He was not a very trustworthy guy...good social skills, not so much on the ethical side though.

If a person holds on to a car for a long time, they are probably pretty solid and reliable or at least that is my experience/impression.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  23. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Mine says, I have trouble parking.