Ionized Water = Snake Oil

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by superstring01, Nov 20, 2009.

1. superstring01 Moderator

I have a douchbag of a cousin selling Ionized Water as part of his pyramid scheme "natural products" business. He swears that the health effects are documented.

I had a rather rough argument with him over his claims (he also claims to be born again). An interesting article: "'Ionized' And Alkaline Water; Snake Oil On Tap"

~String

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Give your cousin a good kick in the ass. My friend just got jacked by someone like him. Fucking pyramid schemers. (No offense)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

I have been thinking about sending a message to NASA and asking them to get me some of that moon-water next time around. I'm gonna splice it into a million bottles and market it. I would drink a 10 dollar bottle of moon water, wouldn't you?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Interesting, but it's not a helluva lot different to companies selling tap water in little plastic bottles, is it? And we all know that those companies are making gazillions of dollars because almost everyone has one of those little plastic bottles glued permanently to their hand.

Baron Max

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Have you seen Louis Black's take on it? Its exactly how I feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNGWn-aWn5g

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

So according to homoeopathy it'll prevent the drinker from becoming ionised?

10. mugaliens Registered Member

Or hydrated!