Abolish the IRS

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by NMSquirrel, Nov 17, 2009.

1. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

all in favor raise their hand!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

lets hear some horror stories..

why is it they are the only ones who can put you in jail for oweing them money?
    don't they have to follow the same laws we do?
    why do i have to pay for those executive bonus's?
    what if i did not want to help GM?
    Ford had their chance to get my money..they didn't want to sell me a truck..Nissan did..got bout a year left to pay on it..

i think its extortion at its finest..they made us believe we need them..do we?
    F*@k the big corporations..send some of that money directly to me..i could use it to pay the rent!..and utilities..and fuel..and car insurance..and business insurance..and soon to be medical insurance..
    sheesh..they are making laws to force me to spend my money where i can't afford it to begin with!
    and still they want more....
    come on Government..we ain't gonna get out of this recession until you quit spending our money and let us spread it around..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They don't just put you in jail for owing them money, you have to actually try to commit fraud.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

they can still sieze all your assets to get the money owed.is their ANY one else who can do that?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jpappl Valued Senior Member

What would you replace the IRS with ?

8. John99 Banned Banned

the BDW?

and who will pay for all these kids in public school?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That never happens to the ordinary person, only if you are trying to commit fraud.

10. superstring01 Moderator

Are you really asking such a puerile question? Because it's the government. We ceded individual powers to it. It exercises powers on behalf of the whole republic, which powers are intentionally, and significantly, greater than any individual or small group of individuals. THAT is the point, Squirrel.

Because "they" aren't "you and me." It is the government. "They" can also lock you in a cage for breaking laws; individuals cannot do that. "They" can also force you to pick up a gun and die for the nation; individuals cannot do that. "They" can also take your property under Eminent Domain laws; individuals cannot do that.

The whole point of a government is so that it can exercise the larger powers on behalf of the whole. Without that ability the republic would crumble. If you don't like government, well. . . there are alternatives.

See: above explanation. You don't have the ability to pick and choose, as if at a buffet, what you want and don't want from the Federal Government. It doesn't and cannot work like that.

See: above explanation.

Are you talking to us, yourself or to the government?

It's the government, which is part of this collective organization we call "a republic." You're required to pay for it, whether you want it or not. Allowing people to "opt out" would cause it to utterly disintegrate.

So, no. Keep the IRS. Change the tax laws.

~String

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  11. superstring01 Moderator

Individual state and local tax authorities have the same or similar power.

Beyond them, nobody else can do it. And nobody should. Paying taxes is part-and-parcel with living in a free society. Try Somalia on for size to see if you like the alternative to a strong, organized government.

~String

12. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

that was the point..what is it about now?
    this is supposed to convince me its a good thing?
    again i think it was supposed to be a good thing when it was started..but human nature screwed it up..it was supposed to be FOR THE PPL,now i do not have ANY confidence that it is..

actually the 'you' was refering to the government..

or at least make them rethink what they are doing..

i'm sure there are far worse systems in place throughout the world..as i have never been outside this country, i have nothing to compare it to..
    i feel the way it is today is NOT what it was set up to be,
    and all your arguments are to the ideal of what government is supposed to be..i believe the reality does not line up with the ideal..

one vote for keep them....
    still didn't really explain Why we need the IRS..your focus seemed to be on government..

13. jpappl Valued Senior Member

NM Squirrel,

To collect taxes.

So I ask again, what do you suggest we replace it with ?