Hunting

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mickmeister, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

So it's deer season. Has anyone here killed any this year? I am going deer hunting in a couple of weeks and am pretty anxious. Do you hunt any other animals?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, I think the practice is despicable. No offense..

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Agreed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

And when is it ever Human season..? Their population is definitely out of control, the fuckers are literally everywhere!

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i think that they way we treat animals who are raised for consumption by the commercial industries is WAAAAAAYYY more despicable.

so enmos, are you a vegan? or do you just let others do the dirty work for you?

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That argument is getting old, Lory.
    I make a distinction between hunting wild animals and keeping stock animals for consumption.

10. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Why go out and kill an animal for consumption when billions are already being killed just so you can eat them? hmmmmmmmmmmm

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

perhaps because you don't wish to participate and encourage the atrocities that are bestowed upon animals for consumption within and by the commercial industries.

that's why i'm a vegan. because i do not wish to participate in and/or perpetuate these cruelties. not because i think it's wrong to eat meat. there is no doubt that it is more humane to abruptly kill an animal that has spent a happy life in a natural environment, than to buy meat in a grocery store that is the result of a lifetime of abuse in a commercial and industrial environment.

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

perhaps you should visit some of these commercial facilities where your meat comes from enmos. or for your convenience, there are plenty of videos and documentaries out there that show what goes on there regularly. people generally do not watch those videos and documentaries, because they wish to remain ignorant of what they are participating in and perpetuating. and, that willful denial of truth, is evil.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

"Abruptly kill an animal" Sure Lory..

The reason I make the distinction is because hunting wild animals takes away from the natural environment.
    And the OP does not mention hunting for food, just hunting.
    I agree that the meat industry is far from perfect, but then so are humans.

14. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Ahhh...the old vegan on a soapbox I'm holier than though approach. I have heard it before and its a tired old argument.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I know all about it. You are the one that is being willfully ignorant right now.

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm not holier than thou; i'm responsible and respectful of the truth. you guys are obvious.

you know what else is obvious? human beings, and animals, and the planet, would be a hell of a lot happier and healthier if we all had to hunt our own food, rather than sit our fat lazy asses in some fast food restaurant pounding cheeseburgers laden with steroids, pharmaceuticals, and the suffering of innocents.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Really? REALLY?!? :bugeye:
    Imagine 6 billion people hunting for food. How long do you think it would take to virtually rid the world of animals?

And, AGAIN, this thread is about hunting in general. Not about hunting for food specifically.

18. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

How are we obvious?

I agree with Enmos here, everyone hunting their own food would be absurd.

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

absurd? how about responsible. how about grateful.

listen guys, i've worked in restaurants, and i've seen the waste. and i can tell you with certainty, that the waste outweighs the consumption.

are you guys telling me that you haven't noticed how many fat, diabetic, heart disease ridden people are out there in the world nowadays? particularly in the states. you think that's some big coincidence?

20. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

That has nothing to do with hunting your own food, it has to do with making healthy choices about your diet and getting off your fat lazy ass to go for a jog every once in a while.

You worked in A restaurant before, does that make you an expert on consumption Vs. waste...have you worked at every restaurant?

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

YIPPEEE!!!! Finally we will have deer salami and jerky again. Our neighbour gets 3 or more deer a year and he shares the wealth. We give him fish, he gives us deer.
    We are hoping to buy a deer from him this year. He processes them in his garage, and we are good with that. Maybe we can get a deal if I help him dress it out.

I wonder when turkey season is. We see a lot of them around here. It would be nice to have a wild one for Thanksgiving again. Haven't done that since my childhood.

22. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Blame it on these that want to keep people alive and on ones that think abortion is awful. Humans are no different from animals, except with have higher brain functioning capabilities.

23. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Oh but I have watched those videos. I have also watched videos of humans being slaughtered too. Neither really bothered me.