Remove Plastic From Pizza

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by one_raven, Nov 12, 2009.

1. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

If you need your frozen pizza instructions to include an explicit direction to remove the platic wrapper before placing into the 400° oven, then you deserve to eat plastic.

If you need written instructions on how to use a bar of soap, chances are you can't read anyway, and figuring out how to use soap properly in the shower is among the least of your worries.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

We should stop hamstringing Darwin.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Tell that to the damned trial lawyers. So long as moronic juries keep awarding damages to people who spill hot coffee on themselves, businesses will be forced to print these insulting labels that warn the mentally challenged against doing what comes naturally to them.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

They should ask the simple question, "Was it stupid?" "Yes?" "Case dismissed - pay the defendant's lawyer on your way out."
    Tort is very important for valid negligence - stupidity invalidates that importance.

8. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

while i am for the most part in agreement with you, i do believe that in that one highly publicized case, the coffee was exceptionally hot, i.e. at or near boiling point, and with coffee particularly this can be problematic given the oil content, as well. otherwise, like i said, i'm with you there.

9. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Here, watch this funny clip from the 3 minute mark. To me the funniest Woody Allen movie ever and I think his first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ys1Ylh2vwg

I still think about this when I read that on food labels.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, both my husband and my son have baked a frozen pizza without taking the cardboard circle off the bottom.

11. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Was it an accident, didn't realize it was attached ?

or, did you think it was necessary for the job ?

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

they didn't realize. They don't cook enough to know better. They thought it was stiff because it was frozen

13. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Ok. Well then they are off the hook.

Otherwise, I wouldn't let them near the kitchen.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, well, I wouldn't be took quick to let them off the hook. They have seen me scooting the cooked pizza out of the oven and back onto the cardboard for cutting

15. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Cooking is an art or a skill that some learn and possess and apparently some don't want to possess. Like typing.

Maybe it was their way of assuring not to have to in the future.

We have our ways as well.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

ah yes. Like my brother running over the newly planted seedling trees and the sprinkler with the lawn mower? Never had to do it again.
    "Somethings not right with that kid" - Dad.
    He was a genius!!!!

17. jpappl Valued Senior Member

LOL. As long as the original offence isn't too bad it can work out quite nicely.

Kinda like your letting your husband walk ahead of you to take out all the spider webs.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

actually, I do that alot.. I know it is there.. But I'm not going to ruen my AWESOME cookie sheet because the pizza needs to be cut.. I leave it on the bored, toss it on teh counter and go from there. I personally see nothing wrong with it. it doesnt do any harm.. and it keeps the food a little off the oven rack. and I am a dammed good cook..

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

we like our pizza crisper. It doesn't get crisp cooked on cardboard

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I'm hungry.

21. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

What if you're a migrant who can read but is unfamiliar with making pizza ?
    If there was no warning label, he/she might think that plastic is part of the process.

22. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

wtf is this?! lol

23. superstring01 Moderator

My sister-in-law once baked [or attempted to bake] an entire DiGiorno pizza in the box. Caught on fire in the oven. She's a ding bat.

~String