Schooling..

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by christa, Nov 10, 2009.

1. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

Do you think that Having a child start earlier in school will help guarantee them to do great for later in life, or do you think its a waste of a life to put them in so early?

Do you think that starting them sooner helps make them smarter?

I do know that parents are what helps to set a child up, but if school is added onto the equation? how do u think all that works out

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

comeon!!!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Please read the rules of the Formal Debates forum (in the sticky threads at the top of the forum) before posting. Thankyou!

(This thread moved to Free Thoughts.)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

well, i thought it was good for that thread.. u dont have much in there

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There's nothing wrong with the thread, but it's not a Formal Debate - at least not yet.

9. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Yes a waste. Children shouldn't start learning basics until they are seven.

From seven to fourteen there should be nothing but reading, writing, arithmetic and geometry.

Until these are mastered there is no point in anything else...unless you want them to have feet of clay.

10. draqon Banned Banned

Carcano...what about athletics? arts?

11. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Fitness in school should be completely divorced from sports.

Art in public school is the worst joke of all.

12. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

How is it a waste of a life? And how long should one wait? And why?

13. draqon Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

that is wrong!

14. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

How else do you make fitness fun? I'm sure kids would rather play a game of soccer than run two miles around the track.

15. Carcano Valued Senior Member

There are maybe only one in a thousand people who have any natural talent in any of the arts. For everyone else its a complete waste of time.

If a child does have talent he/she will find their way to art.

It must never be imposed.

16. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

i would always do better in soccer then the runs, I wasn't focused on my breathing habbits as much(Asthmatic) and it was just fun!!

well Some people then to think that putting your child in school right away is wrong, and think you should put it off as long as you can since your babys home alot of the time, and once u get them in school, they "loose" them

17. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

i was never great in art class, but it tought me how to do alot of things I couldnt learn outside of school.. I still have a wistle thing I made in the 7th grade, and my daughter loves it!

18. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The drive to make everything fun is one of the great disasters of modern education.

19. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

They can't stay babies forever. I say when you think they are mature enough to follow directions and behave they should go. Even though my mother taught me a lot before I ever started school, I learned much faster when I went. Not to mention social development with others their own age. Which they probably don't get as much of at home.

20. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Everyone who teaches kids know they learn better when they aren't really aware that they're learning. That's why there are so many educational games, which kids will play for hours on end.

21. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

well, my daughter is 3, she is in pre-k, and she has to go to pre-k again next year...she has to go because she has a speech problem.. she talks like a 18month old, you got no idea half of what is coming out of their mouths.. since starting school(you also have to realize I am a talker, so shes been talked to like a normal person her entire life, and we would sing her abc's since she was 7months old) tho she is doing better, half the time u would look at her with a glazed look and have no idea what she was just talking about!! but she can reconize her ABCs now, and can point to them(if you saw my dads smoking room, you would understand)

22. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

i want to get chy a leapster, but she is still to small for it.. but she plays a PBS kids game and a dora game that she loves. haha

23. Carcano Valued Senior Member

All that does is condition children to avoid work and expect entertainment at every turn...in all aspects of life.

Its just terrible ethics.