Hurray for idiots!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by MacGyver1968, Nov 5, 2009.

1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I was really not wanting to go to work today...my heart just wasn't in it. I was consoled by reminding myself there was only two days left until the weekend.

Thank god for idiots! Around 11am this morning, a road crew working on a water main, dug up and severed a main fiber optic trunk line next to my job, knocking out all phones and internet. Since all of our systems are internet-based, none of us could do any work...so they sent us all home early, and told us not to come back until Monday.

So thank you Mr. Retard backhoe operator...thanks for the 3 and 1/2 day weekend! I needed it!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mike47 Banned Banned

Well..sometimes the 6TH sense has a true meaning......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dirty Dan And knowing is half the battle Registered Senior Member

ROFL Hell yea Mac...have a great weekend!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

where is the like button?

8. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Boy, I could use a little extra time off. I might actually take a sick day if I got a cold right now. Had to work a little over ten hours yesterday. I used to hope that the recession would mean the occasional short day, or even an extra day off once in while. Never happened.

I guess some of the unemployed might think I don't have much to complain about, and they'd probably be right.

9. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Good for you if that happened to me my Boss would get me to pester the road crew until, they fixed the bloody line or I would have to stay on site until the systems came back on line. But glad to see you got a long weekend out of it. And see retards are useful for somethings.

10. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

My job is to make sure service gets restored to sites when stuff like that happens, so I woudl NEVER get a day off for that. My job gets BUSIER when it happens.

11. superstring01 Moderator

As someone who actually likes their job, I rarely ever feel this way. But, on occasion, I pray for something to get me out of work (hey, it's still work, you know). About a year ago a DRUNK DRIVER hit a telephone pole at 8am (yes, a DRUNK DRIVER hit a pole at 8am) and knocked the power out for my facility. The ensuing power surge destroyed a transformer in my building and gave me a full day off. So nice.

Sometimes, just like everybody else, I pray for a bomb threat, Godzilla attack or asteroid strike to get me out of work.

~String

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Bastard phone techs got the line fixed overnight! My boss emailed me, and I had to go to work anyway. Dang it! I had my day all planned out and everything!

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

That's what you get for answering your phone.
    It's because people like me did their job well.

14. superstring01 Moderator

DAMN YOU RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!

~String

15. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I normally admire excellence, but damnit...why couldn't they send out the slacker that makes excuses!

16. superstring01 Moderator

Cause they sent them all to Cleveland to work Mac. Trust me. Nothing here gets fixed on time or even approaching "on time."

~String

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

ah damn. You lucky lucky bastard!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. superstring01 Moderator

Not that this is a "hurray for idiots" moment, but I had an appendectomy several years back and it was nothing but joy. I got appendicitis right at a time when my boss (who I hated at that time) was making my life hell. Work was sucking and I was getting depressed.

Then, my abdomen started hurting badly and I was admitted to the hospital. Several CC's of dilaudid later, and I was loving life. I woke up to a gift of more dilaudid from the nurse. I spent the night and was given remarkably delicious food (made by the hotel next door, so it was FANTASTIC). Was given a script for vicodin, and went home to a full week off work.

Best medical emergency to ever happen. My only regret is that I have no more appendices to have removed. Though. . . I do think I have a spleen and gallbladder that can be removed to no ill effect!

~String

19. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

lol

20. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

Interwebzzzzzz