Sane

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Spectrum, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

In reply to the closed thread on sanity, sanity is cleanliness. So in-sane is when one is unclean. So in-sanity is when someone doesn't wash. Sane people wash.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

it is one possible symptom.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

But it has nothing to do with mental health! Sanity is about personal hygeine.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

perhaps. many people can be dirty and still be sane though.

8. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

How so? You understand the meaning of 'sanitation', right? Sanity is simply cleanliness. Hence 'Sanitary towels!' Someone cannot be dirty AND be sane.

9. John99 Banned Banned

physically clean?

maybe some poeple put more emphasis on it than others. 90-99% of people would hardly wash themselves were it not for other people around them. this is a fact.

10. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

How is it a fact when 90%-99% of people HAVE people around them.

11. John99 Banned Banned

it may just be a facade. 90% of the time people dress for others, meaning they want to look good for others 90% of the time. i cannot say 99% of the time because sometimes it is done for themselves BUT the vast majority of it is done because of how they want others to perceive them.

there is nothing wrong with that and it is good in many ways.

12. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

If in-sanity is uncleanliness, and sanity is cleanliness, THEN the 'sanes' of the world must have access to water. This is the problem with terrorists who take hostages. How do they wash holed up for days on end? Were I a hostage negotiator I would announce on the loudspeaker, "come on out, you smell."