Let there be peace...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Thoreau, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

So much can be learned from other people, religions, cultures. It is possible that we as human beings can come together despite our differences. I've seen with my own eyes the power of acceptance, love, compassion and forgiveness. I've seen how it saves lives and urges prosperity.

Life is too short to condemn others. We should be uniting our species and our planet instead of dividing it.

Why not embrace our differences? What is so wrong with controlling our fears and not letting them control us?

Our differences whether political, religious, racial, ethnic, sexual, or otherwise are only the top layer of who we are. These do not define who we are and what we are capable of underneath.

We are so quick to judge others yet feel it unacceptable to be judged. Should we not put down our swords and embrace each other? Should we not lay down our flags and unite under one banner of life and the living?

One day we shall. One day when we have exhausted our own hatreds and illusions of inequality. One day when it seems to us that all we have is each other to rely on will we see that the whole time all we really had was each other.

MZ3Boy84
    (Josh)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I also cant wait for the day when we all see we are brothers and sisters, a family divided.

When that rocky canyon that seperates us finally closes, we can do anything, the sky is not a limit, the limit will be our imaginations.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dirty Dan And knowing is half the battle Registered Senior Member

Amen brother, amen.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You tell us. You're the one with military tours in an occupation under your belt.

Whats the point of waxing lyrical in theory and making war in practice?

8. baftan ******* Valued Senior Member

Not really, I mean at least not useful things all the time. There are some cultures, religions and people out there which/who don't give other than nonsense.
    We wouldn't talk about differences then, would we? Some differences are deeper and more serious than whether we prefer this colour or that colour.
    I saw them too, but what is your suggestion to cultivate these positive aspects of our kind.
    Life is too short for anything. Let's increase our life span to 1000 years in first step, and let's keep condemning others, it's not a big deal.

I'm bit confused: Uniting the differences... So what the "differences" going to make sense if we unite them. You can try to be more specific about these unified differences, so I could imagine the outcome.

Actually, these differences define who we are. Our potential would flourish under suitable conditions (better opportunities, luck, etc.), or non-suitable conditions (fighting against a disease, trying to find a solution against a problem), there is no strict borders for human potential.

We can't even agree with religious people on what life or living is. Their banners would actually disturb me.

And who is going to be the beekeeper? We apes don't work like that. We haven't evolved that way. Your wish requires near complete separation from nature, at least from our natural and social elements. If you do not have any other method of course...

9. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Ah, idealistic peaceniks. I was like that once. Now I just want to buy a gun.