Rejected for Jury Duty :(

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, Oct 27, 2009.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I figered they woud want the brightest an the bes... but befor i was rejected i saw about 5 of the people who was selected an they didnt seem all that intelegent an was wishy-washy in the answrs they gave... but as us rejects was leavin the Juge said... dont take it personal... i was once called for Jury duty an i was rejected.!!!

My theory is... if you want to serve on a jury... dont apear to have strong opinions... an be willin to change you'r pont of view when the Lawyers give you diferent esamples to consider durin ther "choosin" process.!!!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I've been rejected by all women I find attractive, jury duty rejection would be welcome!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well i was disaponted... but after i got home it dawned on me that they wanted people they thout they coud mor easily manipulate.!!!

Well i guess this thred can handle 2 subjects at once... lol.!!!

To give me som idea of you'r situaton... how old are you... an give a short descripton of the mos successful relatonship youv'e had wit a woman.!!!!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Why were you disappointed? Most people would jump for joy, do you have nothing else to do all day?

8. Nasor Valued Senior Member

I don't know how it is where you're from, but in many places rejected jurors go back into the pool and can expect to be very quickly called back for another fun day of hanging around the courthouse waiting to see if you'll actually be sitting for a case. Usually better to just get it over with...

If you have characteristics that make you likely to be rejected from any jury (if you're married to a cop or used to be a cop, for example) you can end up stuck in never-selected-but-constantly-called-back jury purgatory for a long time.

9. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Where I'm from if you get rejected you can't get called back for another year.

10. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Raise your hand if you want CH on your jury.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

.....anybody?

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Maybe. Did I do it or not?

12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yes i work 24/7/365 but the case sounded interestin... the woman got burned wit a medical instrument durin surgery... the burn got infected an she had to stay a couple estra days in the hospital... i woud have voated her to win her case but for a few hundred dolllars... not the few thousands she was likely wantin... botom line... i woud have tryed to be fare but not awarded her a windfall.!!!

13. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

15. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Or you can serve on the Grand Jury like I did. The only disqualifying factors are that you're a criminal or mentally incompetent. Other than that, you can be an outspoken racist homophobe and still serve.

16. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Why do you supose that is.???

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Because it isn't the Grand Jury's job to determine guilt or lack of guilt. Their job is to determine whether there is enough evidence to take the case to trial. So, your biases should be less pronounced.

Though, like Trial Juries, the Grand Jury has the power to intepret the law how they see fit. For example, the GJ could "no bill" a guy that undoubtedly murdered his wife and napalmed his place of work while snorting coke off a hooker's tits.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by Absane
    ...on the Grand Jury...

...you can be an outspoken racist homophobe and still serve.

So how is it determined that an outspoken racist homophobe has less pronounced biases.???

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

No one does this. The job of a Grand Juror is to determine whether there is enough evidence to take a case to trial or not. Their job isn't to make the connection between stereotypes of the individual involved in the crime and guilt or lack of guilt.

20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

So a white racist homophobe woud be qualified to determin if ther was enuff evidence to take a case to trial which involved a white surprimist whos charged wit beatin up a gay black guy.???

21. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Well, as I stated before... you also have to be mentally competent, too. This includes being somewhat intelligent.

But, yes.

In fact, you can be that way on trial jury, too. It's not very likely to happen because one of the lawyers will kick you off. Grand jury... no. You don't get off by coming in saying faggots should die.

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I got called for jury duty once just after I had started a new job teaching math part time at the local university - I was worried about missing work so soon, but the math department honcho told me I would never be seated on a jury, and would always be released in the morning and could make my classes - that no math teacher from the department had ever been seated on a jury. He was right - the lawyers for every case dismissed me immediately, and I never missed a class.

23. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

There you have it - clueless - I guess you didn't know that you're supposed to listen to the evidence and then debate the merits of the case with your fellow jurors...

Prior to deciding on guilt or innocence?

Now let's see... How to put this delicately?

The words you used in your post remind me of someone possessed of absolute, total and complete stupidity. You really live up to your name, don't you?