Ask A Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by jessiej920, Oct 27, 2009.

1. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I thought we should have a place to ask all our stupid questions that we don't really want to start new threads for. You can contribute questions/answers as you like.

Okay. I'll start...

When I dream I see or hear the numbers 9 and/or 6 all the time, but mostly 9.

Why?

Does anyone else have repetitive numbers in dreams?

Does anyone know if there are special significances to the numbers 9 and 6 besides the obvious mathematical connection?

Does anyone know why my brain would choose to repeat these specific numbers in dreams?

Okay. Carry on. Discuss. Ask. Answer. Whatever.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Uhm 69? Is that a sex dream then?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

I’ve often heard it said that to be any particular thing first you to have a self-image of yourself as that person, but who am I really? An artist, technician, soldier or the sum of all the life choices that might lead me to paint a masterpiece, tap away at a computer console or point my weapon at another human being to further the policy’s of a nation state.

This I think is simplistic but relevant and some might accuse me of being overly philosophical, but then that’s what happens when you spend years envisioning yourself as a warrior – philosopher, like the ideal sort of Samurai or Viking who can seize destiny via the point of a sword.

This however is an illusion better fitting to another age, but like any self perception it’s powerful none the less! Because beliefs and codes of conduct can lead a man to perform acts of great heroism as well as unimaginable atrocities.
    We all stain at the conventions and necessities of society, we all develop our strength’s and try to hide our weaknesses, I’ve trained in martial arts for many years and my thought processes relating to it have changed greatly as a result of it.
    I believe it is a mirror of my life and who I am now as a person.

Like Obi Wan Kenobi it’s been my observation that many things both good and terrible seem to happen for a reason even if we don’t understand the logic behind it at the time, call it fate! (Many would disagree with this).

Maybe shit just happens but I hope not!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Sorry to be the first to tell you dude but maybe it is a 9cm Brain tumor you have and your sub conscience is telling you to go see the doctor.

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

The numbers only have a relevance if you decide they should have a relevance, otherwise they are irrelevant.

This means if you want to add reason and look for 6, 9, 69, 96 or into the whole affair of numerology, by all means do so, but don't expect any conclusive outcomes that aren't already perceived by your subconscious. (Incidentally when you mentioned the numbers that have been bugging you, you didn't put them in sequence e.g. 6 and 9, you put them in a particular order which is sequenced based upon your own individual psyche. Of course you might now run off and find reasoning for 9,6)

9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

When you see or here the numbers 9 an or 6 in you'r dreams... do you seem to realize while you'r dream that you'r seein or hearin the numbers 9 an or 6 agan... or do you realize it after you wake up an are thankin about you'r dream.???

10. mike47 Banned Banned

It seems someone is terribly HORNY here.........:shrug:

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I think so too lol
    Or did you mean me?

12. mike47 Banned Banned

I mean the OP not you ......

13. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Scary, your not an artist, philospher, etc.

They are words meant to convey a meaning. How can you possibly summarize years of experiance, hardship, greatness, with but a single word?

What defines you is not what is spoken, but what goes unspoken.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

the only stupid questions are the ones that aren't asked.

15. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

What do you mean?

16. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

My teacher in high school used to tell us, "there is no such thing as a stupid question just stupid people"

17. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

No. Nothing sexual. For example, I had a dream the other night that I was in a tattoo shop and this guy was in there with his little daughter and she was getting the number nine tattooed on her ribs. I asked why he was tattooing his daughter with a number 9 and he said she was special...then aliens invaded the city and I woke up.

Damn. I knew it was something like that

I'm not much into numerology. I don't like a lot of that hoo hoo. I have been dreaming about these numbers for ten years and now, all of a sudden, in the last 6 months, I have had four random codes or number combos assigned to me (e-mail, license plate, two diff. health codes etc) that start with 9 and 6. But the thing is, am I noticing them now because of dreams or am I dreaming about the numbers more beacuse of their presence in every day codes in my life?

I recognize the numbers when I am dreaming. I will see the number or hear the number 9 and in my dream I think 'there is that damn number again'.

Could be.

agreed, but not really on SF.

see above.

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Why is it that postmen get chased by dogs ?

19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Perhaps then it's not just recognising their existence in codes/numbers you need to deal with on a day to day basis, but also you subconsciously trying to remember those codes/numbers, a bit like someone might repeat a phone number internally to remember it or at least hold it present until it's been used for the purposes of calling.

20. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Because postmen go up to houses to deliver mail and unleashed dogs who are territorial might not like strangers and therefore chase people, like the postman, down the street.

That is very possible.

21. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

They run. Of course I have never personally seen this happen outside of television. Dogs are territorial so they might see the Postman as a threat to their family and chase them off.

22. draqon Banned Banned

maybe jessie saw film "9"

23. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Cool... jus enjoy it... lucid type dreams can be the mos enjoyable.!!!

1 time i saw 2 tornados an i chased after 'em in my car an spotted 'em a couple a mor times... after that... over the nest couple of years a had a few tornado dreams... in 1 of 'em i was holdin on to a door frame an flappin like a flag from the tornado wend... in another i drove rite up beside the tornado an tryed to touch it... fun dreams.!!!