Is cancer curable?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by plakhapate, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plakhapate Banned Banned

My neighbour (Female , Age 45 years) is suffering from Cancer.

Is it curable?

What medicines are recommended?

Is Chemotherapy advisable?

What precautions need to be taken by patient and other members?

P.J.LAKHAPATE
    plakhapate@gmail.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

how much money can you shell out?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

cancer vaccine looks as the most viable solution, it was approved by Russian Food and Drug Administration recently and is in final phase III of research in USA

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/04/cancer-vaccine/

You can travel to Russia and get her vaccinated against cancer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Some leukemias can be cured through bone marrow transplants

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Is cancer curable? Sorry, I've never heard of anyone surviving it. so sad

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You are joking of course. Ask a doctor, chemotherapy, surgery, etc... There is usually a chance of surviving.

10. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

“Cancer” is not a single disease. Whilst there are some similarities that underlie all cancers (viz. they’re genetic diseases), each type of cancer is its own complex disease with its own set of risk factors, prognoses, treatment regimes and outcomes.

Some cancers are curable, depending on the stage at which they are discovered. Catching them at their earliest stage always gives the best chance. As for whether all cancer will be curable, that’s hard to say. I suspect not.

As for your other questions, they are technical medical questions that no one here can answer. She needs to consult an oncologist for those answers.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Of course people have survived cancer.

11. John99 Banned Banned

must be.

12. John99 Banned Banned

of course you know that that is a vaccine???

13. draqon Banned Banned

Oncophage differs from preventative vaccines because it is supposed to treat an existing malignant condition, not prevent precursors to a cancer’s development

14. John99 Banned Banned

i wish them luck with it.

15. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

My dad has cancer too, lungcancer. It went away for a while, with chemotherapy, but now it's back, so he has to do the whole treatment again, but all hope is not lost.

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

17. John99 Banned Banned

sorry to hear that.

18. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yes, someday all hope is lost.

19. draqon Banned Banned

chemotherapy is just destroying cells, good and bad ones...its a fail approach.

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Thank you. Now it is lost.

21. draqon Banned Banned

Look I face the truth and you should do. Dont hide from reality, face it, challenge it, do anything you can in your power.

22. draqon Banned Banned

well besides saying you do, what have you done to find and implement new cures to treat lung cancer in your dad? How many procedures have you tried so far? How much money have you helped raise for your dad?

Well....

you say you are Messiah, thats all beautiful and fine on words and self-appraisal, but what have you done Messiah? to prove your self-worth? And dont erase your replies, you said it, I saw it, you meant it, now that you realized you dont, I expect change of you.

23. Ahem embrace simplicity Registered Senior Member

Yes, cancer is curable. Especially with integrative therapies which combine conventional chemotherapy with holistic modalities.

It won't be long until conventional chemotherapy is replaced with more effective, aggressive and less traumatic genetherapies and immunotherapies.

Treatments vary widely depending upon the type of cancer and whether is has metastisized. A consultation with an oncologist will reveal the treatment options and what the patient can expect.

****Holistic medicine does not work on cancer, so don't consider it as a treatment option for a malignant disease.****

I had cancer 14 years ago. I had a 2% chance of survival. I am cured. It was a piece of cake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.