Advice

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by kaneda, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

I have an idea for a new fuel. Who should I contact about it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Do you have the fuel already made or do you need to have someone make what you have come up with? If you already have it done then go to the Patent Office in Washington and Patent your idea or get a Patent Attorney to help you. If yopu need to have someone develop your idea then go to a source that makes fuels and get them to sign a letter of non disclosure and a letter that they cannot use your idea themselves.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Cannabis has already been put forwards before. j/k

Seriously though, if you have an idea keep it to yourself. You have to remember that you can't patent something that grows*, you can only patent a process if the fuel you are considering is indeed processed.

* Technically thats actually inaccurate, if you create a Genetic hybrid that you patent the gene sequence for, you can actually patent a plant.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

patent office

8. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

The problem is that it is there, right before everyone's eyes. It just needs the application and someone to build the first motor which should not be hard for someone with the right skills. I would be surprised if I made a penny/cent out of it and would be happy just to see it used as another alternative to a dwindling oil supply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.