crop circles,3-D enhancement gives you a design for a spaceship

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by paul defourneaux, Apr 10, 2000.

1. paul defourneaux Registered Senior Member

Dear Exosci Members,
    I recently read that a certain individual took certain crop circles,made them into three dimensional designs and found them to be the blue prints for a ship capable of inter-stellar travel and anti-gravity manipulation.I have allways thoght there to be some kind of code in the designs that were not hoaxes.Does anyone else know of this?
    Machiaventa

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Crisp Gone 4ever Registered Senior Member

Hi Paul,

I seriously doubt that anybody could extrapolate a 3D image from the 2D pattern the crop circles formed (or to be more accurate: anybody could extract some 3D figure ofcourse, what if I see a projection of a large eliphant in 4 large circles?). The point is that anything beyond the 2D patterns is pure fiction.

There might be some sort of code in the patterns, but I don't think it's a blueprint. I invite all of you to construct a spaceship based on the Julia fractal set that once was discovered (I envy the engineer who has to build that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

).

Bye!

Crisp

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ltcmmdr Registered Senior Member

I haven't heard anything about this. I thought the crop circles were some kind of code or something to bring the ufo's.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Well, it's spring, and the grass in my backyard is getting very tall. I'm still waiting on those little mutants to mowe my lawn. I'll post a picture if they miss any patches.

------------------
    It's all very large.

8. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

My brother once though we had a crop circle formed in our yard. It was a circle that went all around the perimeter in the tall weeds. Then I noticed that there seemed to be "bulges" in the circle at each fence post. Turns out the neighbor's dog had found a hole in the fence and was coming through to mark his territory, walking the same path each night. I thought it was funny.

9. Rambler Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Oxygen,
    That is a funny story.

gotta hand it to the dogs, they've got it figured out.

here's another explanation:
    http://xproject.net/archives/skeptic/altpara7.html

Paul,
    Who wrote your book?, please don't tell me to read it 'cause it ain't gonna happen. I just want to know where all this supposed knowledge came from.

10. Tony H2o Registered Senior Member

Hey Ram Man how's the mellon?

You've probably read my slant on this book in the science section. But why stop there hey? Here's what I've found:

The Urantia Book

According to The Urantia Book Fellowship (UBF), The Urantia Book (UB) is an anthology of 196 'papers' indited between 1928 and 1935 by superhuman personalities.... The humans into whose hands the papers were delivered are now deceased. The means by which the papers were materialized was unique and is unknown to any living person.

The UB Fellowship was founded in 1955 as the Urantia Brotherhood and is an association of people who say they have been inspired by the "transformative teachings" of the UB. According to the UBF, these "superhuman personalities" are from another world. They synthesized the work of more than 1,000 human authors in a variety of fields, including an "astronomical-cosmological organization of the universe" unknown to modern science and an elaborate extension (700 pages) on the life of Jesus. The UB also reveals that the "Universe is literally teeming with inhabited planets, evolving life, civilizations in various states of development, celestial spheres, and spirit personalities." In short, the UB is over 2,000 pages of "revelations" from superhuman beings which "correct" the errors and omissions of the Bible. "Urantia" is the name these alleged superhumans gave to our planet. According to these supermortal beings, Earth is the 606th planet in Satania which is in Norlatiadek which is in Nebadon which is in Orvonton which revolves around Havona, all of which revolves around the center of infinity where God dwells.

Martin Gardner is a skeptic of the UBF's claims. He believes the UB has very real human authors. Originally, he says, the UB was the "Bible" of a cult of separatist Seventh Day Adventists, allegedly channeled by Wilfred Kellogg and edited by founder William Sadler, a Chicago psychiatrist. According to Gardner, in addition to an array of bizarre claims about planets and names of angels, etc., the Urantia Book contains many Adventist doctrines. Sadler died in 1969 at the age of 94 but his spiritual group lives on. Sadler got his start working for Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, Adventist surgeon, health and diet author, and brother of cornflake king William Keith Kellogg. These are the same Kellogg brothers who were featured and lampooned in the movie "The Road to Wellville."

In short its not much different than claims made by the likes of Joseph Smith the founder of the Mormons. One person or a group of close persons in reciept of a "divine" revelation by either an angle, alien, guide, spiritual master etc, etc.

You know I'm a believer and all in the Bible, so why believe the Bible over the Urantia book??

Well it was authored by men, men like us with emotions and feelings like us, wants and desires like us. It was authored over a vast time frame and in varying climatic, political and social conditions yet it maintains a common theam throughout. The majesty, character and the nature of God. If I was a betting man I would place my money on the Bible, its got a broader author base with a continuing and comminality of theam regardless of external conditions.

Anyways enough preaching.

Say I never did answer that question you asked me the other day about King Johnny Howard and now I've forgotten what the darn question was

Sorry about that.

Side note: I like the tack you've taken on time travel in the other discussion also. Hey if you like a good story about time travel visit a site called Raulm trust. Wouldn't say its all believable (and to be honest he plagerised some things I shared with him the scuzz bucket, to make his story more interesting).

Allcare

Tony H2o

11. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

crop circles,
    most of them are from hoxes, but there are still those that cannot be explained, i am thinking that they are a kinda like a map to another planet... but they could also be symbles that symbalize letters, and a message of the end of the world, or the beginning of another, of the gov't could be just playing a huge trick on all of our ass' and using the crop circles as a cover up...
    the world may never know

------------------
    when christianity ruled the world, it was called the dark ages.

-dexter (nimrod242 :aol sn)